This week’s deals feature 2 websites for sale from Empire Flippers in the food and sports niches, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the kitchen and home automation niches. We also cover an aged domain in the business niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 4 aged SEO domains and 4 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Aged Domain: BackersHub.com
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2013 (9 Years)
Listed Price: $3,600
Notable links: Kickstarter, NBC News, Boing Boing, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy
This domain was previously used as a site featuring an email newsletter with deals on Kickstarter products. It also highlighted interesting products using crowdfunding.
The founder Dwight Peters was interviewed on Mixergy in 2014 about starting the business.
Here’s what the site looked like:
Crowdfunding is a growing niche with many successful companies launching products on crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Also, a growing number of content creators are generating revenue from fans with tools like Patreon.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish articles on low-competition “Kickstarter” keywords. AHREFs shows over 3,200 matching terms for “Kickstarter” with a 0-10 keyword difficulty.
- Publish articles covering low-competition keywords related to Kickstarter alternatives like Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Patreon, etc.
- Publish articles answering questions about equity crowdfunding and comparing equity crowdfunding sites like StartEngine, WeFunder, etc.
- Cover news about interesting projects on crowdfunding sites and get a quote from the founder. They may link back to you from their press page
- Build an email newsletter for entrepreneurs interested in crowdfunding
Monetization could include two main sources: display ads and affiliate links to courses or tools.
Many startup companies need help with getting started and generating awareness with their crowdfunding campaign. There are courses that you could promote or you could even create your own course, community, or service.
4-Year-Old Health & Food Site Making $5,272/mo on Empire Flippers
Niche: Health & Food
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $5,272/mo from Mediavine display ads, Amazon Associates, and alternative affiliates
Asking Price: $237,247 at a 45X multiple using a 12-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Rich backlink profile consisting of links from authoritative sites like Greenmaters, TastingTable, VegetarianTimes, and more
- 500+ articles already published with a solid 80/20% educational/buying intent ratio
- Stable traffic and revenue over the last 12 months
- Traffic well distributed amongst top pages
- Ranks on a featured snippet for 1,335 keywords
- Mailing list of 4,750 subscribers
- Dependent on display ad revenue (86%)
- Improve CTA (call to action) design and placement
- Promote a digital course or e-book in this niche as an affiliate. Clickbank and other programs offer 75%+ for products in this niche
- Develop a mailing list; very lucrative in this niche
- Optimize on-page SEO for better display ads performance
- Ideally create a digital product (ebook, cookbook, mobile app)
This is a 4-year-old site built by an enthusiast in the health/food sub-niche. The content is well-written by experts in the niche.
Both the traffic and revenue have been stable during the last 12 months. Traffic is well distributed amongst top pages, with the most visited article getting 3.24% of traffic.
Major quick wins will be applying to different alternative affiliate networks in the niche, and improving on-page SEO for better display ads placement (e.g., removing featured images to free space on the first contentful paint).
One long-term win is to develop a mailing list in this niche. Being a combination of food and a certain type of diet, there are MANY products that can be promoted for high commissions via a dedicated email list.
3-Year-Old Sports Site Making $4,493/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $4,493/mo from Mediavine display ads, Amazon Associates, and alternative affiliates
Asking Price: $193,183 at a 43X multiple using a 9-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 430+ articles have already been published
- Content is well-written and backed by thorough research
- Significant traffic rise from 0 to 10,000 visitors per day during the last two years
- Traffic well distributed amongst many pages
- Dependent on display ads revenue (88%)
- Volatile traffic with few downtime instances, also the interest in the niche will fall off in the next 30 days (not classic seasonality)
- Affiliate content doesn’t rank well (only 3 buyers guides in the top 50 articles)
- Build up a successful newsletter covering news, commentary, and more
- Integrate affiliate links within existing information content
- Perform lead generation for sports academies across the U.S
- Find alternative affiliate deals in the niche
This is a 3-year-old site with tremendous growth during the last 12 months. Sellers published over 400 articles with an 80/20% educational-to-buyer intent content ratio.
Most of the educational content ranks very well compared to affiliate content.
The current major niche event resulted in colossal interest and, thus, a significant traffic increase. However, the interest will fall off during the January-March, which is an offseason for the niche.
There are many brands in this niche where you can strike unique partnerships. This particular sport has a cult-like following and also brands that people buy direct from (instead of just Amazon). Doing brand sponsorships for gear and advertising is a real opportunity in this niche.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $3.2K/mo Cooking Recipe Site: 2-year-old site earning $3,200 L6M average via Mediavine. Email list of 3,500 subscribers included. About 140 articles published. Google Analytics shows a traffic drop in early December. The asking price is $65,000 at a 20X multiple.
- $700/mo Smart Home Site: 2-year-old site earning $722 L3M average via Amazon and Ezoic. 104 articles published. The asking price is $25,250 at a 35X multiple.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $35 to $1,425 at the time of writing.
- GetBusyLivingBlog.com: First registered in 2009, this was a lifestyle design blog from 2011 to the present. It has a DR of 40 and ranks for 369 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from NYTimes, Forbes and Inc. Get Busy Living also had a Facebook group that was active until 2019.
- VenusDetective.com: Was the website for a private detective in India started in 2012. It has a DR of 38 and is ranking for 384 KWs. Backlinks from Microsoft, Stanford and AOL.
- SandiaHiking.com: A hiking guide to the Sandia Mountains started in 2003 with a DR of 29. It ranks for 6 KWs with backlinks from CBSNews, WashingtonPost and TripAdvisor.
- SkyEra.com: A company providing SSD storage solutions to enterprise customers starting in 2013. It has a DR of 26 and is ranking for 1 KW. Backlinks from VentureBeat, TechCrunch and Barrons.
Branded domains bidding from $30 to $2,750 at the time of writing.