This week’s deals feature one of my own sites for sale in the information search niche and a site from Empire Flippers in the automotive niche and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the electronics and general niches.
We also cover an aged domain in the home decor niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
14-Year-Old Information Search Site Earning $1,793/mo Average
Niche: Information Search
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Monetized via 4 different affiliate networks
- Last-3-month average: $1,587
- Last 6-month average: $1,782
- Last 11-month average: $1,558
Listed Price: $80,000 (negotiable)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 14-year old aged site with 100% topical relevancy match
- 85 articles published with siloed SEO categories built out
- An excellent backlink profile with links from sites like AOL, Vice, and Panda Security
- Profitable niche with $256 RPM from 1,000 views
- Custom affiliate query integration with the leading affiliate in the niche
- Competitive niche resulting in a small portion of traffic coming from Google search
- Two articles getting more than 20% of the traffic
- Dependent on revenue from the leading affiliate program
- Publish more content (keyword research provided)
- Perform CRO on top-traffic pages
- Create a digital product that educates senior members of the public about popular phone scams and provides tips on avoiding falling victim to them. This product will help seniors protect themselves from financial and personal harm caused by scammers who use the phone to trick and deceive.
This site is built on a relevant aged domain with a great backlink profile. The site is attracting the majority of traffic from alternative search engines like Bing and Yahoo.
The majority of visitors are seniors looking for information about someone, and they tend to use default search engines (Bing, Yahoo) on their PCs/mobiles.
For every 1,000 visitors, this site earns $256. This is way better than the usual content sites featured. The site has a custom-built query CTA connected with a leading affiliate in the niche, thus increasing the conversion rate. This was custom developed.
As for the setbacks, two articles currently receive a disproportionate amount of traffic, accounting for over 20% of total traffic. Additionally, the leading affiliate program is generating over 95% of revenue.
Publishing more content could attract new visitors to the site, which is especially valuable considering the high value of each new visitor ($0.25).
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest.
Proof of funds will be needed to gain access to the URL, Google Analytics, P&L, and prospectus.
Aged Domain: LaPlates.com
Niche: Home Decor
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2008 (15 Years)
Listed Price: $2,990
Notable links: Country Living, Harpers Baazar, Woman’s Day, The Daily Meal, Southern Weddings
This domain was used for a business that sold personalized and custom-designed melamine dinner plates.
The business closed down in 2020 due to supply chain issues during the pandemic.
Here’s what the site looked like:
With a strong backlink profile with nearly 400 linking domains and a highly brandable name, this domain provides a good opportunity to build a niche affiliate site about dinnerware that can be expanded to other home decor topics like glassware and dining tables.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish buying guides featuring the best dinnerware sets for specific needs (e.g., best dinnerware set for X, 10 crystal dinnerware sets with [attribute])
- Review services that provide customized dining plates or party plates
- Request samples from brands to conduct detailed reviews with unique photos
- Publish listicles of interesting dining room decor ideas
- Answer questions about the top dinnerware, glassware, and dining table brands
The best opportunity for monetization is affiliate links through Amazon and home decor online retailers like Wayfair which offers a 7% commission on sales. Affiliate links can be supplemented with revenue from display ads.
4-Year-Old Automotive Site Making $5,838/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $5,838/mo from AdThrive display ads and Amazon Associates
Asking Price: $251,017 at a 43X multiple using an 9-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Hobby-based subniche within the auto niche; very lucrative
- Decent backlink profile with links from sites like MotorBiscuit, GetJerry and TheTravelVibes
- Revenue split between display ads and affiliate commissions
- 310 articles published covering the niche in depth
- Traffic is distributed among the top pages (top page at 4.9%)
- The site was hit by the September 2022 Google algorithm update
- Low brand visibility, no social media
- Affiliate revenue only from Amazon associates
- Add comparison tables to “best of” guides featuring 3 of the products
- Many buying guides with traffic do not have affiliate links. Reach out to brands and strike a commission deal.
- Add product callout boxes with an image, bullet list of features, CTA button within the buying guides
This site was built using a relevant expired domain and has over 300 articles covering an intriguing automotive sub-niche with a vibrant community.
The revenue generated comes from both affiliate and display ads, and the traffic is well-distributed among the top pages. Additionally, the backlink profile is impressive, with numerous high-authority domains linking back to the site.
The September Google algorithm update affected the site, resulting in a loss of traffic. Nevertheless, the site has managed to recover 30% of the lost traffic. Improvements can be made to on-page SEO, which could lead to an increase in click-through rate (CTR) and display ads revenue per thousand impressions (RPM).
The most significant opportunity lies in striking unique partnerships with the various brands being promoted on the website. The products are high-ticket so a small commission rate can be significant.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $107/mo Electronics Niche Site: 2-year-old site earning $107 L6M average via Amazon and Ezoic. 73 articles published. Asking price of $3,500.
- $600/mo General Niche Site: 7-year-old site earning $600 per month via Ezoic and Adsense. 541 published articles receive about 900K traffic per month. Asking price is $12,000.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $38 to $1,524 at the time of writing.
- LongBarn.com: Started in 1998, Long Barn was a resort in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains. The domain has a DR of 24 and ranks for 12 KWs. Backlinks from CA, Homestead and SFGate.
- PerfectWeddingGuide.com: A wedding planning site started in 1997 with a DR of 67 and ranking for 11 KWs. Backlinks from BusinessInsider and Huffpost.
- LegendSolar.com: Was a Utah solar power installer starting in 2015. The domain has a DR of 13 ranks for 3 KWs. Backlinks from Forbes, BusinessWire and HuffPost.
- SellingBooks.com: Started in 2006, this was a site giving advice to aspiring authors/self publishers with a DR of 33. It is not currently ranking for any keywords but has backlinks from Inc, TED, and Stanford.
Branded domains bidding from $22 to $255 at the time of writing.
👉 Additional Resources
Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites. Here are resources you should read up on: