This week’s deals feature 2 websites for sale from Empire Flippers and Flippa in the wedding and review niches, and 3 websites from our private Facebook group in the audio and sports niches. We also cover an aged domain in the art niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 6 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Aged Domain: CuratorsEye.com
Niche: Art Investing
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2010 (13 Years)
Listed Price: $3,070
Notable links: NY Times, ArtDaily, Art Fix Daily, Antique Trade Gazette, Wikipedia (nofollow)
This domain was used as an online art and antique gallery where art dealers could list their art for sale.
Here’s what the site looked like:
Art investing is a large and growing market and MasterWorks estimates that the total value of privately held art is $1.7 trillion. The popularity of digital art investing (NFTs) has also increased significantly in recent years.
With a highly relevant domain history and memorable brand name, this domain provides a good opportunity to grow a niche site focused on art investing.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish guides about investing in art
- Find low-competition topics related to art investing to cover
- Publish listicles like the most expensive art sales, most successful NFT art projects
- Cover news about art investing such as notable art sales, interesting NFT art projects
- Create a newsletter about art investing news
Monetization can include affiliate programs for fractional fine art investing services like MasterWorks ($20 per signup). Sotheby’s, an auctioneer of fine art, offers a commission of $250 per sale. Since the site would focus on investing, display ad RPMs could be higher than other niches.
7-Year-Old Wedding Site Making $13,318/mo on Empire Flippers
Niche: Wedding organization, Hospitality
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $13,318/mo from lead generation
Asking Price: $506,085 at a 38X multiple using a 12-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Stable traffic and revenue over the last 12 months
- Mailing list with more than 1,100 subscribers
- Ranking for 2,000+ wedding-related keywords
- High average commission (above $1,000)
- The website has a weak backlink profile that lacks significant niche-relevant links
- You will need to be proactive with this business, as this site operates as a middleman between clients and contractors
- Low traffic numbers
- Reinvest profits into larger-scale PPC campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and Google. The seller already did it a year ago, and it proved successful.
- Enhance the on-page SEO by implementing straightforward measures such as including a table of contents in blog posts, breaking up paragraphs, incorporating more visually appealing calls-to-action, improving interlinking within the website and external linking to relevant sources
- To successfully convert potential clients, offer a complimentary consultation call, and ensure that you have a skilled salesperson to guide them through the process
- Create new offerings based on best-performing packages in the last few years
This is an established wedding service brokerage business situated in a major US city.
With above-average commissions and consistent traffic and revenue figures over the past year, this presents a promising opportunity for individuals with prior experience in the wedding niche.
However, it requires active involvement as it is not a passive investment opportunity. The business entails several interconnected aspects that require close attention.
To achieve immediate benefits, consider reinvesting a portion of the profits in a social media PPC campaign, enhancing on-page SEO, and expanding the range of packages/services offered to clients.
Flippa Site: Parker-Marker.com
Niche: General reviews
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $3,316/mo from Amazon Associates, Fiverr affiliates, and Adsense
- The decent revenue split between affiliate commissions from physical products, Amazon Prime bounties, the Fiverr affiliate program and Adsense display ads
- Almost 300 articles published
- A decent backlink profile with links from sites like Wikipedia, BusinessInsider and RD.com
- The website’s authority in Amazon-related services is evidenced by its ranking for over 5,400 keywords that include the term “Amazon.”
- The website experienced a significant drop in traffic following the December Google Product reviews update, losing more than half of its incoming traffic
- The bulk of the content on the website is geared towards buying intent
- Remove and redirect thin content
- Create a content strategy focusing on Amazon services, and optimize existing content in that topic cluster.
- Replace Adsense with Ezoic or Mediavine, as the website is nearing the 50,000 threshold for Mediavine eligibility
- Add better-designed CTA’s like customized comparison tables and product boxes to best-performing affiliate content
At first glance, this website appears to be a typical affiliate site promoting various physical products on Amazon, as well as additional Amazon and Fiverr services, and earning revenue from Adsense display ads.
However, it was negatively impacted by the December Google algorithm update, losing over 50% of its traffic. As of the current update in Feb-Mar 2023, it appears to have not been affected yet.
While these types of sites are not typically reviewed in this newsletter, the site has significant value in its ability to rank for many Amazon-related services and earn Amazon bounties from new Prime users.
By redirecting the site’s purpose to this topic cluster and conducting a thorough content analysis with content pruning and optimization, future hits from Google updates can be mitigated.
Overall, if you are willing to take risks and work hard on the site for the next three months, this could be an excellent opportunity for flipping.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $1,113/mo Audio Equipment Niche Site: 7-year-old site earning $1,113 L3M average via AdThrive and Amazon Associates. 710 articles published. The owner also owns BloggingX.
- $442/mo Audio Equipment Niche Site: 4-year-old site earning $442 L6M average via Ezoic and Amazon Associates. 120 articles published with 373 linking domains.
- $961/mo Sports Niche Site: 4-year-old site earning $961 L3M average via Mediavine. 20-30K monthly visitors. Built on an expired domain. Asking $21K.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $17 to $510 at the time of writing.
- BowwowFilmFest.com: Was a dog related film festival started in 2015. The domain has a DR of 26 and is ranking for 21 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from Huffpost, DenverPost and CBSLocal.
- SelfMadeBusinessman.com: A blogging info site stated in 2013 with a DR of 51. Not currently ranking for any keywords but has backlinks from BusinessInsider, Huffpost and SearchEngineLand.
- LiveLovePasta.com: A lifestyle and recipe blog started in 2011 with a DR of 37. Not ranking for any keywords but has backlinks from Insider, Buzzfeed and Esquire.
- AmericanIndoorKarting.com: The site for an indoor go kart business in Indiana started in 2004. DR of 26 ranks for 9 KWs. Backlinks from CNBC and Crunchbase.
- MonopolyLive.com: Stated in 2005, this site from Hasbro allowed you to play Monopoly online. It has a DR of 9 and is not currently ranking for any keywords but has backlinks from Wired and TheGuardian.
Branded domains bidding from $27 to $5,100 at the time of writing.
👉 Additional Resources
Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites. Here are resources you should read up on: