This week’s deals feature 2 websites for sale from Investors Club and Flippa in the travel and education niches, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the batteries and tools niches. We also cover an aged domain in the videography niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Aged Domain: HabbyCam.com
Niche: Video recording equipment
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2000 (23 Years)
Listed Price: $2,680
Notable links: Harvard.edu, Cult of Mac, PetaPixel.com, PhotoFocus.com, Wired.com (nofollow)
This domain was used by a company that made video recording equipment like a shoulder mount for DSLR cameras, a DSLR cage rig, and a smartphone handheld stabilizer.
Their products were reviewed by multiple tech publications including Wired and Cult of Mac.
Here’s what the site looked like:
This domain’s history and relevant link profile provide a good opportunity to build an affiliate site in the video recording equipment niche. You could focus on the sub-niche of video recording tools and accessories for YouTubers.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish buying guides for video recording equipment like green screens, camera stands, lighting equipment
- Publish buying guides for adventure cameras and drone cameras
- Answer questions about popular brands like GoPro
- Publish guides on how to use video recording tools to make better videos or achieve certain effects
- Publish guides for setting up a home YouTube recording studio
The best monetization opportunities are primarily in affiliate links from affiliate programs like Amazon, B&H Photo, GoPro, and DJI. Display ads could be a good source of supplemental revenue.
2-Year-Old Travel Site Making $3,620/mo on Investor Club
Source: Investors Club (see listing)
Revenue: $3,620/mo from AdThrive display ads and affiliate programs
Asking Price: $123,080 at a 32X multiple using a 4-month average
- More than 800 articles covering everything related to Montana
- Built on the strong expired domain previously redirected to the Montana government website
- Traffic is well distributed amongst top pages (the top one getting 3.4%)
- Spotless E-A-T elements with great and detailed about pages and author boxes
- Both on-page and off-page SEO look great
- November 2022 Google Algorithm update negatively affected the site
- Due to Montana’s harsh winters, the interest in visiting Montana is significantly lower during the winter months
- Due to the update, the site lost rankings for more than 29,000 keywords
- Reach out to the places mentioned in your articles and propose offering direct ads on your content. One article is ranked in the top 3 positions for best resorts. You could outreach to a few mentioned in the article and consider requesting a monthly fee or a lead generation deal for promoting their place via the sidebar, pop-up or banner ads.
- Apply to alternative affiliate programs like GetYourGuide.com and KKday.com
- Connect with websites that cover other states, counties, and cities in a similar manner. This approach can help you acquire valuable backlinks and establish relationships since you are not direct competitors.
This travel website focuses on Montana and boasts over 600 articles covering all aspects of visiting the state. Its current owner launched the site two years ago after it had been redirected to MT.gov for a decade.
However, the website was adversely affected by the November Google update, resulting in a more than 40% decline in incoming traffic.
It’s worth noting that the winter season is typically Montana’s low season, which may have contributed to the drop in traffic.
To make some easy gains, the website owner should prioritize chasing new revenue streams, such as direct ads and lead generation with local businesses. Another option is to connect with owners of similar websites covering other cities and states to exchange information about alternative monetization methods and potentially exchange links.
Flippa Site: Excel.tv
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $353/mo from subscriptions
- More than 400 articles published
- Stable traffic over the last 12 months
- Comes with a Youtube channel with 12,900 subscribers and 430 videos
- Over 10,000 email subscribers
- Unique Excel.tv Academy with around 1,000 lessons
- One page is getting an unusually high percentage of traffic
- Only monetized by recurring subscriptions with churn
- At the moment there are only 15 active course subscribers
- Possible trademark infringement due to the domain name
- By applying to Ezoic network, an instant boost in revenue would occur
- Restructure the pricing to be a one-time payment rather than recurring. Offer bundle offers that are one-time. Most courses are one-time structure rather than recurring.
- Add more affiliate links to course sites like Udemy
This business is in the educational/productivity niche, with a strong focus on Excel.
It boasts over 1,000 lessons behind a paywall, as well as more than 400 educational articles, and an active YouTube channel with over 12,000 subscribers. Additionally, there is an email list with 10,000 subscribers. Good assets to take advantage of.
The website is outdated, as the founders of the site slowly abandoned the project.
This presents a great opportunity for a potential successful flip, with stable traffic and many easy wins such as adding display ads, and monetizing the existing email list and YouTube channel.
You can reorganize existing content into a freemium model to improve revenue from active subscribers, or a one-time bundle offer to access the courses, or a combination of both.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $715/mo Batteries Niche Site: 2-year-old site earning $715 per month L6M average via Ezoic and Amazon. 263 articles published receiving 12K pageviews per month L6M average. Asking price $21,450 (Slightly Negotiable).
- $202/mo Electric Wiring Niche Site: 1-year-old site earning $202 per month L6M average via Ezoic and Amazon. 251 articles published receiving over 10K pageviews per month. Asking price is $7,093.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $20 to $830 at the time of writing.
- PNGPix.com: Started in 2016 a site providing free png images. It has a DR of 34 and ranks for 1,882 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from Pinterest, Buzzfeed and AOL.
- SoupChick.com: Was a soup recipe site started in 2010 with a DR of 25 and ranking for 274 KWs. Backlinks from TheGuardian, Wikipedia and PBS.
- IndieMoviesOnline.com: An independent movie streaming site first started in 2009. It has a DR of 37 and is ranking for 4 KWs. Backlinks from Wikipedia, TechCrunch and TheGuardian.
- GolfHistoryToday.com: A “golf history on this day” site started in 2016. With a DR of 25. Not currently ranking for any keywords in the top positions but has backlinks from NYTimes, Wikipedia and Insider.
Branded domains bidding from $136 to $38,333 at the time of writing.
👉 Additional Resources
Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites. Here are resources you should read up on: