This week’s deals feature 2 websites for sale from Empire Flippers and Investors Club in the sports niche, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the recipes and tech niches. We also cover an aged domain in the kids niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 6 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Aged Domain: KidzOut.com
Niche: Kid’s activities
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2011 (12 Years)
Listed Price: $3,360
Notable links: TechCrunch, TheStar.com, HeraldNet.com, FamilyFocusBlog.com
This domain was used by a mobile app startup that provided location-based information for families with kids. The app used a proprietary database of 260,000 family-friendly locations in the United States.
Here’s what the site looked like:
In 2022, there were over 9 million US households with children between the age of 3-5 (Statista). These parents are frequently searching Google for activities to entertain and educate their children.
This short descriptive domain name provides a good opportunity to build a niche site that help parents find activities for kids in their city.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish articles about a specific kid’s activity in different cities (e.g., “indoor playground houston” has KD 1 with 1,400 volume).
- Publish a ranked list of “best X in [city]” based on data like ratings. Then email the top businesses to let them know (they may link to the article).
- Publish statistics pages about kids’ activities to build passive links (e.g., indoor playground statistics).
- Publish articles about the cost of a specific kid’s activity with data from different cities.
The primary source for monetization could be display ads (ideally from a premium ad network). Additional monetization options include sponsored listings and lead generation for businesses (e.g., private schools, kid’s birthday parties, or childcare).
3-Year-Old Sports Site Making $4,075/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $4,075/mo from Raptive (AdThrive), and affiliates
Asking Price: $158,911 at a 39X multiple using a 12-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Stable traffic and revenue over the last 18 months
- A strong backlink profile with more than 3,200 referring domains (NBCsports.com, TheAthletic.com)
- More than 700 articles published over the last two years
- Great looking E-E-A-T elements
- Highly dependent on revenue from the display ads
- One article is getting more than 20% of all traffic
- There are popular social media accounts with the same name as this site but not owned by the site owner. The site’s own social media accounts have virtually no followers.
- A couple of secondary domains and PBN links are disclosed in the listing.
- The niche itself has decent affiliate potential. Improving existing affiliate content, standardizing CTA layouts, and writing more personal in-depth reviews should increase revenue from affiliate commissions.
- The site already ranks highly for premium event-related keywords in this sport. There is a traffic opportunity by covering that organization including news updates, future event announcements, and more.
- Try to resolve the issue with social media via outreach to the owners of social media accounts with the same name.
Having extensively monitored various websites in the market, I immediately recognized this particular site.
In fact, it was featured in one of my previous newsletters, although I am unable to disclose the URL. I have been tracking this site for over a year since it was listed on Investors Club (now listed on Empire Flippers).
It has a fast-loading design and focuses on one of the most popular sports, with a collection of 700 high-quality articles to date. The site has maintained stable traffic and revenue over the past 18 months, primarily relying on display ads revenue through AdThrive.
However, the affiliate content has been neglected and underoptimized. This presents an easy-win opportunity for revenue growth.
The main hurdle is the existence of a significant social media account (with nearly 500k followers across various pages and groups) bearing the same name as the site.
This social media account was created before the site’s initial content was added according to the Wayback Machine. Resolving this issue will be crucial for the successful sale of this site.
6-Year-Old Sports Site Making $1,940/mo on Investors Club
Source: Investors Club (see listing)
Revenue: $1,940/mo from monthly subscriptions
Asking Price: $137,893 at a 71X multiple using a 12-month average
- Stable revenue over the last 12 months
- Easy to run business model
- It comes with a Facebook page and Facebook group (15k followers total), an Instagram account (10k followers), and an email list with 10k subscribers
- Low site traffic numbers, especially true for organic traffic with only 580 ranking keywords in total
- Only 7 jobs were posted on the board in the last month
- Low activity on the social media networks
- High mutliple
- Publish more content to attract employers and job seekers in this niche (there was only 1 blog post since the start of 2022).
- Sell sponsorships for the email newsletter and social media posts.
- Expand the range of services offered on the job board by incorporating options found on niche platforms such as DynamiteJobs.com, Remote.co, and others.
- This job board is only for a small segment of a way broader niche so you should try to expand to other sub-niches
I came across an intriguing listing on the Investors Club Dutch auctions—a job board focused on a specific sport/activity. Over the past year, both the revenue and traffic of this platform have been stable.
However, it’s worth noting that the site experiences low traffic, with the majority of visitors originating from sources other than organic search.
In the past month, for instance, only 7 new job listings were posted—a relatively small number considering the current revenue model, which offers two-tier options: $99 for a single listing and $99 per month for VIP service.
The easiest win here is a really simple one. Be more active in the community itself.
To enhance the number of job listings, I would compile a comprehensive inventory of digital assets encompassing websites, newsletters, social media pages, groups, and events within the niche.
Actively engaging with these resources and becoming more involved within the niche community, should result in more listings and thus increased revenue.
Simultaneously, you can work on developing new services found on the job boards in other niches.
Despite some of the setbacks, the website shows promise, with several easy wins to increase revenue. If you have experience managing job board sites, this platform could be a great flipping opportunity.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $168/mo Food Niche Site: 1-year-old food site earning $168/mo L12M average via Ezoic and Adsense. UK domain with 41 articles published receiving around 20k pageviews per month. Asking price is $4,500 at a 27X multiple.
- $154/mo Laptop and PC Niche Site: 1-year-old site earning $154/mo L6M average via Amazon and Adsense. 160 articles published receiving over 100 visitors per day.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $81 to $5,401 at the time of writing.
- VMSherp.com: A reptile wholesale dealer started in 2000. It has a DR of 21 and ranks for 1,180 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from WikiHow, Wikipedia and Instructables.
- FossilWorld.com: Was a fossil display and gift center started in 2011. It has a DR of 19 and ranks for 303 KWs. Backlinks from GameStop, TripAdvisor and TodaysParent.
- Lazinc.com: Starting in 2005, this was the home for a group of London art galleries. It has a DR of 53 and is ranking for 3 KWs. Backlinks from BBC, BusinessInsider and HuffPost.
- eWorldWire.com: A press release distribution site started in 2000 with a DR of 45 and ranking for 2 KWs. Backlinks from Harvard, Wikipedia and MIT.
- RoadRat.com: Was a site started in 1998 detailing how to earn money delivering RVs to dealerships. It has a DR of 41 and is ranking for 4 KWs. Backlinks from CNN. iPower and Yahoo.
Branded domains bidding from $50 to $3,150 at the time of writing.