This week’s deals feature 4 websites for sale from Empire Flippers and Flippa in the automotive and AI niches, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the batteries and cooking niches. We also cover an aged domain in the podcasting niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 6 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
🚀 Market Update
Our free DealFeed tool shows the following marketplace stats for this week:
- 364 online businesses for sale
- 47 new listings over the last 7 days
- 137 aged listings
- 189 listings had recent valuation changes
- 100 listings had recent changes in multiple
- Average monthly multiple is 30.98X
We analyze the best websites for sale this week below.
Aged Domain: PodClear.com
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2015 (8 Years)
Listed Price: $2,930
Notable links: ProductHunt, Wisc.edu, MediaShift.org, ShePodcasts.com
This domain was used by a podcast software startup that helped record high quality audio from Skype interviews.
Here’s what the site looked like:
Podcasting is a growing medium for content creators with 100 million podcast listeners in the United States. Many individuals and businesses are interested in starting a podcast to build an engaged audience of listeners.
This short and descriptive domain name provides a good opportunity to build a niche site that helps people record clear audio for their podcasts.
Here’s what I would do:
- Create buying guides for podcast recording equipment like microphones, mixers, headsets, mic stands, and cameras (e.g, “best mixer for podcasting” has a KD 1 and volume 200).
- Publish guides on setting up a home recording studio for podcasting.
- Publish tutorials on how to optimize audio quality with tools or techniques.
- Create an email newsletter similar to Workspaces that features podcasters who share their recording setup, routine, and tips for success.
- Create a course on how to record high quality audio for a podcast.
The primary monetization opportunity is through affiliate links to recommended products. Additional revenue opportunities include course creation, newsletter sponsorships, and display ads.
2-Year-Old Automotive Business Making $4,440/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $4,440/mo from YouTube ads and digital product sales
Asking Price: $199,809 at a 45X multiple using a 12-month average
- YouTube channel with 35k subscribers and 3.8M views to date
- 321 digital products
- 97% of traffic comes from the US
- 97% profit margin
- The site relies on traffic from YouTube.
- Some YouTube videos seem to have duplicate content (but in a different order).
- Video content and digital products should be updated on an annual basis.
- Create a standalone blog that will help with getting more organic traffic.
- Publish articles based on keyword research and video content that has performed well on YouTube.
- Conduct an A/B split test on the existing CTAs.
- Add more digital products like flashcards, handbooks, and a video course.
- Test paid traffic on YouTube, Google, and alternative networks like Reddit and Quora.
This listing is for a well-designed venture centered around generating revenue from YouTube AdSense and selling digital products on its website.
This business, in an evergreen niche, has demonstrated stable revenue over the past 12 months, with an impressive profit margin of 97%.
Given my expertise in content and SEO, I strongly recommend that every e-commerce site add a blog to drive free organic traffic.
I would explore paid advertising by strategically targeting specific demographics and ZIP codes associated with the locations mentioned on this site.
Looking at the top competitors, it is evident that many of them offer a wider range of freemium products, which can be relatively easy to develop.
Flippa Site: Godsol.gumroad.com
Niche: Educational/ AI
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $2,222/mo from digital product sales
- 15 digital products in the AI niche
- Substack account with around 400 subs
- Active Twitter account with 3,800 followers
- Action plan for new digital products
- No active website for the business
- Traffic is coming from Twitter ads (10X ROI).
- Many of the digital products may become obsolete or be easily replaced by a simpler SaaS solution.
- Create a simple site (one page) to build your brand.
- Double down on creating even more digital products (prompts) covering new niches.
- ROI on Twitter ads is claimed to be 10X. Thus, it is worth exploring other ad networks like Google, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.
- Grow Twitter audience by collaborating with other well-known people in the Twitter AI community.
I stumbled upon an intriguing business model on Flippa where the owner cleverly capitalized on the AI trend.
Although the business is still in its early stages, there is much work to be done to ensure its stability. If you’re interested, I recommend watching the owner’s detailed video explaining the business.
My initial approach would involve creating a simple one-page business website while maintaining the active Gumroad shop.
I would also prioritize the creation of a significantly larger portfolio of digital products as quickly as possible.
Moreover, the owner claims a 10X return on investment (ROI) from Twitter ads, so I would reinvest all profits and more into running ads across various networks.
My goal would be to maximize revenue in the coming months and consider flipping the business in the next few months.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $545/mo Battery Niche Site: 2-year-old site earning $545 L6M average via Amazon and Ezoic. 263 articles published receiving 25k pageviews per month over the last 6 months.
- $150/mo Family and Cooking Niche Site: 1-year-old site earning $150 per month from Ezoic. 566 articles published receiving over 15k monthly visits. Asking price is $5,000.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $33 to $135 at the time of writing.
- DesignByJoyce.com: Started in 2003. This was the site for a web design company. It has a DR of 43 and is ranking for 2,940 in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from Wired, Wikipedia and Pinterest.
- HuntFishCampWisconsin.com: A Wisconsin outdoor site started in 2002 with a DR of 26 and ranking for 1,576 KWs. Backlinks from USAToday, AOL and AZCentral
- SCDSLSoccer.com: The site for the Southern California Developmental Soccer League started in 2011. It has a DR of 28 and is ranking for 220 KWs. Backlinks from AOL, GreatNonProfits and USClubSoccer.
- Themelan.com: Started in 2013, this site provided custom Joomla templates. It has a DR of 60. Not currently ranking for any keywords. Backlinks from ThemeForest, ThemeHunt and Templaza.
- WeatherSavvy.com: A site with weather facts started in 2002. It has a DR of 35, not ranking for any keywords but has backlinks from Wikipedia, StackExchange and Weather.
Branded domains bidding from $210 to $37,666 at the time of writing.