This week’s deals feature 2 websites for sale from Empire Flippers, and Flippa in the e-books and education niches, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the lifestyle and finance niches. We also cover an aged domain in the vegan niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Aged Domain: VeganLunchBox.com
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2005 (17 years)
Listed Price: $4,020
Notable links: Kitchn, Crummy.com, BakingBites.com, Alpha Mom, PlantPure Nation, and many more.
This domain used to be a site promoting a published book about vegan recipes. The book received good reviews, leading to a sequel about international vegan recipes. Both books are still sold on Amazon.
The domain has excellent branding that is memorable and includes the main keyword. It also has a substantial number of referring domains (424), including many links relevant to the vegan niche.
The site was active for many years and was still live until early 2020. The site had only a few pages, so it would not be difficult to recreate the entire site (with original content).
This domain is a good fit for building an informational site focused on the vegan lifestyle including vegan recipes, vegan foods, and vegan products.
There are several successful sites focused on veganism including The Minimalist Vegan, which gets over 70k traffic on just 158 pages according to AHREFs.
Here’s what I would do:
- Relaunch the same pages from the original site (there were only about 10 pages total)
- Publish articles about vegan options at popular restaurants (e.g., “chilis vegan options” has a KD 5 and volume of 1k)
- Publish articles answering questions about whether certain foods are vegan or not (e.g. “is dark chocolate vegan” has a KD 4 and volume of 3k)
- Hire a recipe blogger to create original recipes with original photos (this will attract natural links and social media mentions).
- Review successful vegan sites to see what is working well and what affiliate programs they feature
Monetization could be a combination of display ads and affiliate programs.
There is a wide range of relevant affiliate programs available like vegan meal kit delivery, vegan food products, vegan cosmetics, and vegan cooking courses.
2-Year-Old Amazon KDP Business Making $2,951/mo on Empire Flippers
Niche: Amazon KDP
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $2,951/mo from Amazon KDP & ACX, IngramSpark, and Findaway Voices
Asking Price: $103,348 at a 35X multiple using a 12-month average
- 223 books covering a wide variety of topics
- Diversified earnings from multiple revenue sources
- Low maintenance
- Some of the books are low quality
- The assets are split between two separate KDP accounts
- Running an Amazon PPC campaign
- Transforming some of the books into blogs
- Removing low-quality and bad-performing books
- Translating and narrating books in Spanish and Japanese
If you are new to the Amazon KDP business model, you should skip this listing as it is a bit more complex. It comes with 223 books separated into two Amazon KDP and ACX accounts. Revenue-wise, audiobooks are outperforming ebooks and printed books (62%-38%).
Some of the books are low quality, and many don’t have any reviews on Amazon. However, the owner did translate the biggest hits into 5-6 additional languages.
You could boost sales by running an Amazon PPC campaign targeting low CPC keywords. Additionally, you should remove some of the stale listings.
You could then add that content to your blog. Most books are practical guides for various niches so that the content may rank fast.
Finally, you can continue translating some of the books by finding a suitable freelancer.
Flippa Site: OxbridgeNotes.co.uk
Niche: Education (UK)
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $2,270/mo from digital products
- 12 year old site
- 6,490 indexed pages
- Highly automated business
- A high-quality backlink profile with links from theguardian.com, ox.ac.uk, liverpool.ac.uk, and many more
- Some of the content is obsolete (new owner will need to figure that out)
- Custom coded platform
- Legal issues need to be clarified on who owns the notes
- Adding alternative payment processors reducing high Paypal fees
- Utilize a proper e-commerce checkout with bump offers, upsells, and downsells (30-50% boost in revenues)
- Implementing display ads which will give an instant revenue boost
- Research alternative revenue methods from law companies in the UK
This site earns money by selling college notes to UK students. It covers a wide variety of colleges, with a focus on law notes.
More than 6,000 pages are already indexed, which makes this business highly automated. The backlink profile is clean, with many high-authority links from UK domains.
The owner custom-coded the site, which could be an issue moving forward. It’s not clear who “owns” the notes as copyright issues may arise.
In addition, you can add alternative payment processors to decrease high Paypal fees and/or switch to a proper e-commerce platform. Finally, there are untapped revenue sources like display ads, direct advertising, and lead generation that can be added to the website.
🚀 Off-Market Sites
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $1,000/mo Nightclub Lead Generation 2 Site Package: 2 site package of lead generation sites in the nightclub niche earning $1,000 to $1,500 per month from lead generation. Requires about 15 minutes per month to collect payments. Asking price is $40,000.
- $2,000/mo Finance Niche Site: Finance and insurance site earning an average of $2,000 per month over the last 3 months via Adsense. 63 published articles. Google News approved.
🚀 Aged & Brandable Domains
Aged domains currently bidding from $250 to $16,150:
- DailyLister.com: Was a national Craiglist search engine. Currently, it has a DR of 21 and is ranking for 676 keywords in the top 100 positions with backlinks from Bodybuilding, Gizmodo and TechDirt.
- StackedPickle.com: A wings and burger restaurant started in 2001 with a DR of 32 and ranking for 145 KWs. Backlinks from AZCentral and Realtor.
- GeneticistInc.com: Geneticist Inc, started in 2017, was the “premier biorepository of human tissue samples” so it may be useful for EAT and YMYL (your money, your life) authority. It has a DR of 22 and is ranking for 1346 KWs. Backlinks from AOL, AAU and SpringerProfessional.
- ArizonaGuide.com: This was the official site of the Arizona Office of Tourism starting in 1996. It has a DR of 58 and is ranking for 5 KWs with backlinks from Wikipedia, NYTimes, WashingtonPost and CBSNews. Note: the domain has been redirected to VisitArizona.com since 2016, which may affect its overall SEO value.
Branded domains bidding from $355 to $6,100: