This outdoor authority site earned $3,896 in August 2021 compared to $3,208 in July 2021. In the previous few months, the site was placed into the “maintenance phase” of the website flip lifecycle. It still is operating in the same phase to maximize profits and build a “war chest” for future investments.
In August, I spent time figuring out what needs to be done to take this site to the next level. I cover the following in this month’s write-up:
- Website metrics from August 2021
- Profit and loss breakdown
- How I negotiated a direct display advertisement deal
- How I am setting up digital product sales funnel for 7 e-books
- 1-month site revamp plans in prep for Q4
Let’s get into it! You don’t want to miss this one.
📈 Site Recap
- Purchased in April 2020 for $23,000 from Flippa auctions. The site was earning $300/mo.
- 60,000-90,000 pageviews per month on average depending on time of year
- AHREFs DR of 51 with backlinks from NY Times, Wikihow, Wikipedia, NY Post, Marketwatch, and 2,000 other niche relevant referring domains
- Website has been active since 2010
- 863 articles published, 849,778 words total
- 12 different revenue streams including Amazon Associates, private brand partnerships, affiliate networks, and display ads
- Email campaign with 32 emails that get sent to new subscribers
- Two dedicated writers who are niche experts
- 14 published articles
- Direct advertiser reached out for a display ad spot
- No keyword research or plans for future content
- Minimal time spent on the site myself