Welcome back to my WP site case study update. Check out the previous month’s update here, and the archive of updates here. This will be a very quick update as not much work was done from my end; however, the site continues to creep up in the SERPs.
As a reminder, this case study is to showcase the value of an aged domain in a tough niche. So far traffic is growing; slowly but growing.
Let’s get to the numbers.
🆕 September 2020 Update
August was the fifth full month of ownership. Let’s review the stats:
The organic keywords almost DOUBLED. Ecstatic about that. The traffic is also going up. Things are looking great and the next few months ahead should provide even more growth.
What do I attribute this success to in such a competitive niche? The expired domain. Having such excellent backlinks (which I covered in the first update) is really helping this site rank for tough keywords.
Last 6 months traffic:
Improvements in September
I can’t put anything here as I did not substantially touch the site (or even log in to WP) all of September. No content was added either.
I did, however, do keyword research and content outlines for 12 articles equating to 25,000-30,000 words. This is in the pipeline to be written.
My main writer for this site is recovering from COVID so that has slowed things down. Hopefully, he gets well soon!
Again, we are in the “waiting phase” of this site to see that growth in traffic. When that happens, I will shift focus onto the site to improve on-page, and monetization.
⏭️ Next Steps
- Continue researching keywords and adding content
That’s really all I will focus on. At some point, I thought I would register for affiliate programs but the traffic does not warrant that effort (yet).
There are only so many hours in a day and focus on things that move the needle (i.e., my other sites) is key to growing a publishing business.
Let me know if you have any questions!