This week’s deals feature 2 Flippa sites in the fishing and business niches, and an aged domain in the cycling niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share data on 5 aged SEO domains and 5 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions. The SEO metrics are shared for each domain as well.
Let’s get into each deal!
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2012 (10 years old)
Listed Price: $1,300
Backlinks: Wikipedia, Gamestop, and niche relevant biking sites
This used to be an informative blog about cycling competitions worldwide as well as a review site for cycling products.
Here’s the old site:
I like the cycling niche because it has a significant amount of low competition keywords that are both informational and commercial. Furthermore, the demographic is willing to spend money in this niche.
The benefit of this aged domain is that it was a blog at one point. Topically, the site discussed the various cycling competitions around the world. They also reviewed products.
Here is what I would do:
- Initially focus on writing dedicated articles about each cycling competition worldwide. Cover the ins and outs, travel details, history, etc. Interlink all of these together.
- Add categories on cycling gear, best bikes, etc over time
- Recreate the pages that have backlinks with similar content. You can use Archive.org to see what type of content was on the page.
Monetization in this niche can be easily done via display ads and then Amazon Associates, to begin with. As traffic ramps up, you should switch out Amazon Associates strategically for direct e-commerce brands that pay significantly more.
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Outdoors (fishing)
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $104 per month on average over last-6-months from Amazon Associates and Ezoic
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 2-year old site
- 110 existing articles on the site
- Clean backlinking profile; no authority links and no spam links
- Good mix of commercial vs informational content
- Seasonal niche
- Non-branded domain
- Add comparison tables to commercial buying guides; 20-30% boost in revenues
- Add a sticky Ezoic sidebar ad that follows the user as they scroll down on desktop
- Perform a content audit; 110 articles bringing in 2,800 pageviews which means the content is not optimized properly
The fishing niche combines two things I like: (1) die-hard hobbyists, and (2) high-priced products. This is a great niche to build a real authority site in.
This specific website has been aged for 2 years with over 110+ articles. With that, the site only gets 2,800 pageviews indicating (1) content needs to be updated, or (2) content needs to be deleted.
One benefit though is even with 2,800 pageviews, the site on average makes roughly $100/mo from Amazon and Ezoic. This points to the fact that traffic is valuable in this niche.
The site has one major easy win: adding comparison tables to buying guides. This will result in at least a 20-30% boost in revenues since comparison tables get the most clickthrough by visitors.
🚀 Other Sites For Sale
Other sites that I have not done a detailed deep-dive on.
- WhoIsRetargeting.me: a 9-yeard website that shows you who is retargeting you with ads. A very interesting idea where the owner just shows ads, and you can see which brands are targeting. Currently monetized with Google Adsense. I am unsure if Ezoic will allow a bunch of ads to show on just one page.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 5 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 5 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains this week in the health, food, blogging and software niches. Currently bidding from $400+ to $2,900+.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- Ambrsoft.com: Was a math/science freeware calculator site. The software was available for download but could be converted to online calculators. DR 21 with 2,861 KW’s in the top 100 according to AHREFs. Has backlinks from Stack Overflow, Netlify and Stack Exchange.
- HealthBeckon.com: A health and holistic living site starting in 2014. DR 43 with 532 Kws ranking. Backlinks from CNET, WikiHow and Pop Sugar.
- FoodTribe.com: Was a food blogging platform starting in 2019. DR 53 with 64 KWs ranking. Backlinks from Behance, Yahoo, DeviantArt and Pop Sugar.
- GigglesNHugs.com: A children’s restaurant in Los Angeles from 2008 onwards. DR of 32 with 967 KWs ranking. Authority backlinks from Yahoo, Fox News and People magazine.
- BlogDigger.com: Was a blog search engine starting way back in 2003. It has a DR of 63 and isn’t ranking for any keywords, likely due to the site not being live since 2016. Backlinks from Microsoft, CNN and Techcrunch.
5 Brandable Domains
Five two-word brandable domains this week. Currently bidding at $80+ to $3,000+.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: