This week’s deals feature 2 Flippa sites in the travel and finance niches, two sites on Empire Flippers in the parenting and spiritual niches, and an aged domain in the boating niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 9 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
8-Year Old Parenting Site Making $4,041/mo on Empire Flippers
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Empire Flippers
Revenue: $4,057/mo from Mediavine, Amazon Affiliate, and a 3rd Party Program
Asking Price: $198,003 at a 49X multiple using a 12-month average
- 8+ year old website
- Owner wrote all content and took all pictures
- Great EAT on site and real social media pages
- Many powerful links
- Diversified traffic channels – organic (49%), social (31%), direct (18%)
- 2,000+ email subscribers
- Top 3 pages each get about 16% of the site’s traffic
- Success might be tied to persona (Seller will allow current images and bio on the site, but wants Buyer to use a new author bio moving forward)
- Add more affiliate links in relevant informational pages to get more affiliate commissions
- Targeting relevant ‘best’ pages based on topical authority can better diversify revenue by improving affiliate commissions
- Improving internal linking can quickly increase rankings of pages
This website is definitely worth considering by anyone who is looking for a site at this level, particularly in the parenting space. As a mom blog, this site is able to write about a variety of things and, for that reason, there is basically no limit to the number of potential articles that could be published on the site. Couple that with the site’s solid branding and this business can really grow.
A new buyer will want to immediately add more affiliate links in high-traffic informational pages to better monetize these pages. Putting a table at the top with a label of “required products” for these type of pages can potentially double affiliate commissions. A new buyer will also want to improve internal linking across the site to make the link juice flow better and pass more topical relevance.
A new buyer will also want to start preparing some content. With so much informational content the website could use some targeted affiliate/money pages that can rank quickly due to the website’s great topical relevance. These money pages can have very high earnings per visitor compared to pages that just earn income from ads.
This site has a combination of solid short-term and long-term growth opportunities. Although the short-term opportunities aren’t going to be life-changing, the stability of this aged site and massive long-term growth potential makes it a tantalizing opportunity. Due to its age and EAT, this site is stable and less likely to be affected by algorithm updates, making it a great site for newer and less risk-averse investors.
Aged Domain: KiteShip.com
Type: Aged Domain
Niche: Outdoors (boating)
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 1997 (25 years old)
Listed Price: $4,310
Backlinks: Wikipedia, How Stuff Works, Instructables, Seeking Alpha, Slashdot, GigaOm, and other niche relevant sites.
KiteShip built wind power technology for ships. They also discussed the use of renewable energy on ships and yachts. The website discussed the technology around these concepts.
Here is what the old site looked like:
The boating niche is lucrative and hobby-driven. The only downside is it’s seasonal peaking in the warmer months.
This specific aged domain was owned by a company that combined renewable energy and boats/ships. This would make for an excellent website discussing boating and renewable energy for boats.
Here is what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage similar to what’s shown in the Archive (image above). Create sections showcasing “Company Info”, “Missing”, selection of recent posts, etc.
- Add categories for boating, renewable energy for boats, locations for boating, etc.
- Cover informational topics related to different types of boards, to begin with
- Branch out into commercial guides over time
Monetization in this niche can be done easily with display ads (Ezoic, Mediavine, Adthrive), and affiliate marketing through direct brands that offer high-ticket products in this niche. Lead generation would also be interesting if one were to create a classified section where people could list boats for sale.
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $605/mo over last 12-months using Ezoic Premium
- 3-year old site in a low-competition niche
- Lucrative display ad niche
- Non-brandable domain forcing content to be focused on just “carry on sizes”
- Easy to replicate niche; no business moat
- Add internal links through the site (currently, minimal links exist)
- Improve site design
- Perform a content audit and update (no articles written/updated in 2022)
If you are looking for an easy-to-run display advertising website, this is a good one. This site has had a nice and steady growth curve. The articles are simple to write and can be outsourced. RPMs in this niche will be higher than in other niches.
The major drawback of this site is its easy replicability. Anyone can take and target these keywords; it does not require high expertise. The site’s backlink profile is not high-authority also indicating the ease of these keywords. This is something to be aware of.
Furthermore, the Flippa Listing states the size is on Ezoic Premium. The cost of the premium plan needs to be factored into the P&L.
The seller also strongly states the site needs to remain on Ezoic Premium because he signed a 3-year contract. You need to look into this yourself but that contract can be voided by the seller if he pays the cancellation fees. Again, you need to take a look into this. I am not giving legal advice.
The reason I bring this up is that this site can quality for Mediavine and/or AdThrive as a second site (if you already have a site accepted). These ad networks will definitely pay more.
🚀 Other Sites For Sale
Here are a few sites that are listed on Flippa. I have not done a detailed analysis on these. Do your own due diligence!
- StockChocker.com: a 7-year-old stock investment calculator tools site. The site is monetized with Google Adsense currently with 34,000 pageviews. Quality backlinks in place.
- Religion Niche Site earning $1,147 on Empire Flippers: this site is listed for a 34X multiple and is monetized with Google Adsense with over 140,000 pageviews. It’s a low DR 9. The site is built on HTML, not Wordpress. A good site that is under-monetized.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 9 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 9 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
This week, a wide variety of authority domains that are currently bidding at $30+ to $2,220+, so keep an eye out for bargains.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- GoFreeThemes.com: was a free Wordpress theme site starting in 2016. With an AHREFS Domain Rating of 61 and currently ranking for 995 keywords in the top 100 position. Backlinks from SpeckyBoy, WPLift and InkThemes. Also, see the brandable PremiumThemes.com below if you’re into this niche.
- WorldAnimalFoundation.com: a wildlife conservation site. First registered in 2001 but didn’t show any significant content until 2017. DR of 47 and ranking for 667 KWs. Backlinks from National Geographic, Vice and MSN.
- MiamiBeachTimes.com: a local news and information site for Miami Beach. First registered in 2001 with most content showing up in 2019. DR of 32 and ranking for 1518 KWs with backlinks from Senate.gov, Washington.edu and UFL.edu.
- NationalPainReport.com: a chronic pain authority site started in 2015 with a DR of 61. Backlinks from NY Times, The Guardian and Huffington Post. Useful for “Your Money or Your Life” (YMYL) niche.
- SBAPaycheck.com: was a Paycheck Protection Program information site. DR of 32 and ranking for 2448 KWs. Backlinks from Forbes, AOL and PRWeb.
9 Brandable Domains
A strong group of brandable names this week, including two single-word domains. Currently bidding from $30 on up to $11,700+.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: