This week’s deals feature an off-market site brokered by The Website Flip in the laptops niche, a outdoors site from Empire Flippers, and an aged domain from Odys in the yoga niche.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 9 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: NextBookUSA.com
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Monetized via Amazon Associates
- Last-3-month average: $766.67
- Last 6-month average: $754.17
- Last 12-month average: $1016.58
Listed Price: $28,652 (~38X of L6M average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Top content page gets 8% of the site’s traffic
- Strong backlink profile
- 2022 traffic is stable and growing
- Homepage oddly gets 47% of the site’s traffic (could be spam traffic)
- Heavy on affiliate content as opposed to informational
- Content is not evergreen; products go out of stock and change
- Mediocre Google EAT
- Adding a display ad network can increase revenue up to 30%
- Improving CRO can increase revenue up to 20%
- Finding alternative affiliate programs can increase revenue up to 10%
- Adding informational content to build topical relevance
This content site is in the laptop niche and has been relatively steady in traffic in the last 6 months. The laptop niche is lucrative but can be difficult to manage content as products get outdated. This website was built on an aged domain purchased from a GoDaddy auction; the seller has done a good job of matching topical relevancy.
There are a number of easy wins to grow the site both short-term and long-term. The top two wins can increase the site’s revenue by 50%. We’d start by adding an ad network to start earning additional revenue almost overnight. From there, improving the money pages to make them more attractive and improving the call-to-action buttons can also increase revenue a sizable amount.
Overall, this site isn’t ideal for beginners due to the many levers to pull. Instead, it’s best for veterans who can quickly optimize a site with the intent of flipping the site quickly.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view:
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
Aged Domain: Yogasteya.com
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2012 (10 years old)
Listed Price: $2,660
Backlinks: The Guardian, Huffington Post (UK), Yoga Journal, Yogapedia, Yoga Alliance, and more.
This site was previously a yoga studio that helped overweight people to start practicing yoga. Yogasteya received multiple mentions from the media and yoga sites for helping to change the perception that you have to be skinny to do yoga.
Here’s what the old site looked like:
The strength of this domain is that the previous site and links are focused on a specific type of audience within the yoga niche. I would focus on rebuilding the site to provide information that is specifically about yoga for overweight people.
There are many successful sites that focus on the overweight audience within a niche. You can study these sites and check their top pages in AHREFs to find keyword ideas.
Here’s what I would do:
- Rebuild the homepage with content that focuses on getting started in yoga if you are overweight
- Publish informational articles on low competition keywords related to this subcategory of the yoga niche
- Publish buying guides for plus-sized yoga products
The yoga niche is a great fit for monetization through online yoga courses or live classes since classes are a requirement for participation. One popular yoga affiliate program on Clickbank is Yoga Burn, a 12-week program to help people get into shape with yoga.
Yoga also requires specific gear so Amazon affiliate links could be a good source of revenue.
Display ad RPMs should be high in this niche because the audience is typically middle to upper class in income. 48% of yogis make over $65k a year according to one survey and monthly studio membership is expensive at a typical cost of between $100-$200.
3-Year Old Outdoors Site Making $2,084/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $1,870/mo from Mediavine (77%) and Amazon Affiliate (23%)
Asking Price: $84,142 at a 45X multiple using a 12-month average
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – top 3 pages get 11% of the site’s traffic
- Ranks for a mix of informational and commercial keywords
- Growing traffic and revenue
- Current writers are not available for the new owner
- Seasonal niche that peaks in the Summer
- Finding new affiliate offers can increase affiliate revenue by up to 20%
- Improving affiliate page CRO can increase affiliate revenue by up to 15%
- Improve interlinking to improve the rankings of current pages
This content website in the outdoor space is a good opportunity for those looking for a relatively hands-off site. With a partial match domain, the site has a limited amount of topics that it can write about and already has 200+ pages. However, it has a solid age and trajectory with some room for growth – just don’t expect it to 10x.
The two major wins revolve around improving affiliate revenue. First, I’d find programs that are alternatives to Amazon to increase those commission payouts. Additionally, improving conversion rate optimization (CRO) can also provide a nice boost to affiliate revenue.
Ultimately, it’s a site with a good foundation but limited upside. This site is great for someone looking for passive income or looking to buy a turn-key site to learn the ropes on. It is easy to operate, limited in content scope, and only has a few levers to pull to optimize and improve monetization so a beginner won’t get paralysis analysis.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 9 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 9 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains with authority backlinks this week, bidding at GoDaddy from $55 to $695 at the time of writing.
- ExpertVaping.com: Was a vaping review and information site started in 2018 with an AHREFS Domain Rating of 30 and ranking for 1,233 keywords in the top 100 positions. It has authority backlinks from PCMag, Vice and WA.gov.
- WebDesignFan.com: A website design blog started in 2010 with a DR of 33. It doesn’t currently rank for any keywords but has backlinks from Smashing Magazine and StackOverflow.com
- CultureOfGaming.com: A Gaming review and news site started in 2017. It has a DR of 31 and ranks for 239 KWs with SEO backlinks from Wikipedia, EpicGames and IGN.com.
- HTMLite.com: An HTML coding tutorial site started way back in 2001. It has a DR of 42 and isn’t ranking for any KWs at the moment but has backlinks from Themeforest, StackOverflow and UMich.edu.
- SparkAndChemistry.com: Was a fashion and lifestyle blog starting in 2013. With a DR of 40 and ranking for 115 KWs and backlinks from WPengine, Huffpost and Buzzfeed.com.
9 Brandable Domains
Ten brandable domains this week. Currently bidding from $185 to $2,275 at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: