This week’s deals feature an off-market site in the auto niche from The Website Flip, a site in the kitchen niche from Empire Flippers, and 2 off-market sites in our exclusive website flipping Facebook group. In addition, we review an aged domain from Odys marketplace.
We also share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Off-Market Site: LifeAtLean.com
Source: The Website Flip
Profit: Monetized via Course Sales, Affiliate Offerings, YouTube Earnings
- Last-3-month average: $3,543
- Last 6-month average: $2,245
- Last 12-month average: $3,245
Listed Price: $80,493 (36X last 6-month average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Top 3 pages get less than 30% of the site’s traffic according to Ahrefs
- Evergreen niche
- Good topical relevance from 100+ pages of content
- Decent EAT with a great about page
- Has an email list and real social media followers
- Ranks for a mix of both informational and affiliate keywords
- Has youtube videos
- Seasonal niche with peaks in the summer
- Some expertise/studying is needed to understand this niche
- Keep the course open for sale, rather than one-off sales a few times a year
- Move course shopping cart system to ThriveCart; this is what The Website Flip uses
- Increase email funnel to increase earnings by up to 10%, or about $375/month
- Add comparison tables to money pages to increase affiliate revenue up to 25%, or about $75/month
- Add site to a display ad network to earn up to an extra $250/month
One of the site’s unique selling points is that 90% of its earnings come from a course created by the current owner. Another thing we like about it is that the nature of the niche makes it hard for competitors to enter the field and ensures a moat around the business.
This site is great for both website flippers and longer-term operators due to its solid foundation and various opportunities to improve revenue, as detailed below.
The site has multiple easy wins which, altogether, can increase overall earnings by about 20%. The easiest ones involve adding comparison tables to money/affiliate pages and adding the site to an ad network such as Ezoic, which the site currently qualifies for. Improving the email funnel can be quite lucrative as well for someone willing to put in the work to test different strategies.
In the medium to long term, there are also plenty of content opportunities in this space to boost affiliate revenue which will increase net earnings.
Overall, the site is a great opportunity for someone looking for a fun project to work on that has high earnings potential.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
Aged Domain: TravelGIS.com
Niche: Travel and Technology
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2000 (22 Years)
Listed Price: $3,710
Backlinks: John Hopkins University, Texas A&M, University of Georgia, Komo News, and niche relevant GIS sites.
This site was first established in 2000 and provided information about GIS (geographic information systems) for businesses. It discussed how businesses could get a Universal Address to provide precise location data about their business. It was an active site up until March of 2022.
According to National Geographic, a geographic information system is a “computer system for capturing, storing, checking, and displaying data related to positions on Earth’s surface”.
This is what the old site looked like:
The travel niche is very popular and competitive, so a well-aged site can provide a great starting point. This domain focuses on the specific niche of travel navigation and maps so it has a better opportunity to gain topical authority and compete in a less saturated part of the travel niche.
GISGeography.com is a successful site about GIS with many high traffic pages about US state maps. According to AHREFs it gets 1.3 million visits per month.
Here’s what I would do:
- Relaunch the homepage with content about geographic information systems related to tourism and travel
- Create city pages for popular travel destinations with information about interactive maps and other maps with helpful data (e.g. San Diego travel maps, San Diego attractions maps)
- Create buying guides for travel navigation products such as GPS watches
- Reach out to local chamber of commerce, tourism board, and visitor center websites for link building to city pages
Monetization in this niche would mainly be display ads through a network like Ezoic, Mediavine, or AdThrive and supplemented with Amazon affiliate links to travel tech products. Another potential revenue source is tour aggregator affiliate programs like Get Your Guide, a popular travel affiliate program with travel bloggers.
2-Year Old Kitchen Site Making $2,392/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $2,074/mo from Mediavine (93%) and Amazon Affiliate (7%)
Asking Price: $99,568 at a 48X multiple using a 12-month average
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – the top page gets 4% of the site’s traffic according to Ahrefs
- Stable traffic and earnings
- Evergreen niche
- 500+ pieces of content
- Poor EAT though the site isn’t in a YMYL niche
- Improve CRO to increase affiliate revenue up to 30%, or about $150/month
- Leverage site’s topical relevance to rank for more money keyword
- Improve website design and page layout to increase trust in the site
This content site in the kitchen space is a great opportunity for someone who is able to invest heavily into more evergreen content. With 500 pages, this site has a lot of topical relevance in the kitchen space.
There are both quick wins and long-term wins for a new owner, which makes this a great opportunity for potential buyers. On the medium to long term a new owner will want to target more money pages to increase affiliate revenue, which is more lucrative than earning from display advertising on informational pages.
In the short term there are a number of ways to improve the site. The quickest win involves doing CRO to increase affiliate revenue. We suggest adding product tables and adding exit-intent popups to highlight the top product on the page.
There aren’t any major risks – we’d focus on increasing the layout and design of the page though. Additionally, adding some EAT will help the site seem more legitimate and potentially help the site through future updates.
🚀 Facebook Group Off-Market Deals
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers list sites for sale. There are over 80+ deals each month. Here is a selection of a few sites for sale:
- BBQ Niche Site: Earning $48/mo over last 3 months. 65 articles published and 19 months old. No active link building.
- 10-Site Package: One person is selling 10 niche affiliate sites to one buyer for $4,500. Some sites have earnings. These are starter sites that have been aged.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 7 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 7 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains with authority this week, bidding from $55 to $2,827 at the time of writing.
- GizmoWatch.com: Was a tech gadget blog started in 2005. It has an AHREFS DR of 48 and is ranking for 10 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from Wikipedia, BBC.co.uk, BusinessInsider and CNET.
- HowToDoFlorida.com: A Florida entertainment guide site started in 2010 with a DR of 29. Ranks for 472 KWs with backlinks from Buzzfeed and Wikihow.
- MasterpieceMixers.com: A craft and art instruction school that started around 2010 with a DR of 28 and ranking for 330 KWs. Backlinks from BuzzSprout and TripAdvisor.
- GardenGrapevine.com: A gardening information site started in 2003. It has a DR of 10 and ranks for 147 KWs with authority backlinks from USAToday and SFGate.
- CoolCities.com: Was a portal to Michigan’s Cool Cities Initiative started in 2004. It has a DR of 28 and ranks for 1 keyword with backlinks from Wikipedia, Crunchbase and UMich.edu.
7 Brandable Domains
Seven brandable names this week. They are currently bidding at $265 to $580 at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: