Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features two off-market sites from The Website Flip (renewable energy and car niche), and one aged domain from ODYS Global (electric vehicle niche). There were no good deals on Flippa this week.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
📊 Data Snapshot from DealFeed.io
DealFeed.io tracks in real-time each website for sale transaction that hit all brokerages. Here is a snapshot of the current market:
- Number of sites for sale: 159
- Average multiple of live listings: 40.32 (monthly multiple)
Within the live listings, 140 are monetized with affiliate marketing (e.g., Amazon, ShareASale) and 75 with display advertisements (e.g., Mediavine, AdThrive, Ezoic). Many listings are monetized with both strategies.
DealFeed Signals: Our algorithms have flagged 20 listings that have been sitting on the market for greater than 3-months. 40 listings have had a recent sale valuation decrease, and 11 have had a reduction in their listing multiple.
🔥 Most Interesting Deal
The most interesting deal has been sitting on the market for 3+ months and just had both a sale price and multiple decreases. The site is in the tools niche monetized by affiliate marketing and being brokered by the Investors Club marketplace. Check it out here.
💯 Subscribe for more deals!
Premium access to DealFeed.io is part of The Website Flip Club membership plans. Get a real-time view of live content sites for sale to find your next acquisition.
Site for Sale #1: TheEnergyFix.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: The Website Flip
Listing Price: $12,000
Revenue: $160/mo L6M via Ezoic and Amazon Associates
- August so far: $73 via Amazon,
- July 2021: $221
- June 2021: $210
- May 2021: $203
- April 2021: $124
- March 2021: $112
- February 2021: $86
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Aged since 2010
- High-quality backlinks from New Yorker, Huffpost, New Yorker, NRDC, REason, PGE, Realtor, and many more
- Quality content written by two experts (myself and a solar specialist)
- Well-defined SEO silos created
- 121,683 words of content; 42 articles published
- No new content added in over a few months
- Integrate solar lead generation affiliates: The site receives traffic for “best solar in [STATE]”. This traffic needs to be monetized with lead generation.
- Fix out of stock, unavailable Amazon products: many products are not available anymore or out of stock. Do a bulk check and fix using AMZ Watcher.
- Add more content: more content needs to be added to the site
If you are looking for an aged domain that has been growing month over month in a touch niche, this is a good one. Renewable energy is both lucrative and tough to rank due to competition. The payouts are much better than typical niches. With that, the trends for renewable energy (specifically solar) are positive with a long-term outlook.
Each article on the site is well-research by experts. They were written by myself (Ph.D. in renewable energy), and another writer out of Upwork (MS in solar). The writer’s information from Upwork will be included. He charges a flat $100 per article regardless of length.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view the current P&L, and all screenshots here.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Site for Sale #2: BatteryDiary.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: The Website Flip
Listing Price: $2,000
Revenue: No revenue, starter site
- 54,358 words; 39 articles published; 4 articles in draft
- Quality backlink from Wikipedia
- Unique site design
- Starter site; no revenue
This is a simple starter site with content. The site was launched in November 2020 and the bulk of the content was added recently. The site’s design is unique. A good site in a low-competition niche for someone to get started.
Since this is a pre-revenue site, we can utilize the calculator here to understand it’s value. Here are the inputs:
- Domain age: 1 year
- How many articles: 43
- Total word count: ~60,000 words (counting 4 articles in draft)
- Backlinks (DR50+): 1
- Site build-out costs: Yes
The site is being listed at $2,000. If interested, please fill out the form below:
Blueprint #3: QuickChargePower.com
Type: Aged Domain
Niche: Electric Vehicles
Age: 2012 (9 years old)
$3,660 $2,560 (30% off sale)
Backlinks: This aged domain has notable backlinks from Wired, Tesla, BMW blog, American Towns, Inside EVs, Plug-In America, Green Car Reports, and more.
This site used to sell car charging accessories for electric vehicles such as portable chargers, at-home chargers, and car charging parts associated with charging electric vehicles.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The electric vehicle (EV) market, in general, is booming year-over-year. This domain used to be an e-commerce brand selling EV chargers and parts. This would make for an excellent site covering the ins and outs of EVs.
This is what I would do:
- Write informational content on each EV car model, features, etc.
- Write informational content on how-to with EVs
- Write individual product reviews and buying guides of EV products (e.g., chargers, subscription plans for charging networks)
- Hire a few experts on LinkedIn/Upwork to write articles and add their bio to your site. This will give you credibility.
This site can be monetized with display advertisements. Ezoic pays a high EPMV ($30+) in the energy niche. Amazon Associates and direct affiliates would be great secondary income sources.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: