Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features an off-market site from The Website Flip (niche is farming), a Flippa site in the DIY niche, and an aged domain in the running niche from ODYS.Global.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Site for Sale #1: GalesWestlake.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: The Website Flip
Listing Price: $5,088
Revenue: $159/mo (L6M) via Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Built on 21-year old aged domain. Site live since 2018
- Diversified traffic to top pages; largest page gets 7.5%!
- Stabilized traffic after December Google Core update
- No spammy banklinks
- High average time on page of 4+ minutes
- Site was impacted by December Google Core update
- Add Ezoic display ads for an immediate boost in revenues
- Revamp the site design. Currently using Thrive Themes.
- Add affiliate links to product images within buying guides
- Add more informational content
- Expand current content (e.g., add FAQs)
This domain was purchased by the seller from Godaddy auction in 2018 and rebuilt. There are 35 articles (22 guides, and 13 info articles). The site has a good mix of information and commercial content.
For easy wins, I recommend adding Ezoic display ads for an immediate boost in revenues, adding affiliate links within images and content, and updating Amazon links since many items may be out of stock or not available.
The seller is selling to focus on his next aged domain rebuild. He needs funds to acquire a domain and thus is selling at much lower than average multiples (typically 35X) for a quick sale.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view the current P&L, and all screenshots here.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #2: ProudToRun.org
Type: Aged Domain
Source: ODYS.Global (see listing here)
Age: 2004 (17 years old)
$1,760 $1,230 (30% off sale)
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Chicago Tribune, CBS Local, Chicago Mag, NBC Chicago, Time Out, Thrillist, Race Entry, and more.
This site used to be home to an annual 10K and 5K running event supporting the LGBTQ community by raising funds in the greater Chicago area. You could register for the event on the site, become a sponsor, and find out other race-related information.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The running niche is excellent as it has a rabid audience who want to improve their marathon race times, and those who do it as a sport. This domain in the past was a running event based in Chicago. Based on that, this is what I would do:
- Add content covering every marathon in the U.S. Cover when they will e hosted, entry fees, etc.
- Add content covering charity marathon events in the U.S.
- Then, add informational content about how to improve running performance
- Finally, add commercial content related to products to buy (e.g., running shows, timers, supplements)
For this niche, your best monetization options will be display ads and Amazon Associates. Supplementary options include digital products to improve performance.
Blueprint #3: LetteringLeague.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $302/mo via Amazon Associates, Youtube Ad Revenue, and Course sales
- Large following on Instagram (145,000) and YouTube (22,000 subscribers) and the Facebook group is at 9,000 members.
- Includes a digital course for sale on the site
- Aged since 2018
- Many pages on the site are redirecting to HelloBrio.com; make sure to ask seller what this is about
- Owners persona, bio, and face are being used throughout the business
- Only 16 articles published
- No screenshots, P&L, etc provided on Flippa listing
- Increase pricing on the digital product (A/B test)
- Add Ezoic display ads to the article pages
It’s difficult to find blogs with both a digital course plus large communities for sale. This site is a sub-niche of the overall DIY niche. This site sold for $9,000 via a buy it now offer.
The Flippa listing page does not provide much information (lazy seller). A significant amount of costs each month are claimed but not much detail around what the breakdown is. This listing would have taken a potential buyer intensive due diligence to unveil what the true revenues are.
Assuming the claimed revenue average of $302/mo is correct (unsure), then a $9,000 buy it now price was at a 30X multiple. That is very reasonable for such an asset.
📊 Data Snapshot from DealFeed.io
DealFeed.io tracks in real-time each website for sale transaction that hit all brokerages. Here is a snapshot of the current market:
- Number of sites for sale: 170
- Average multiple of live listings: 40.50 (monthly multiple)
- New listings: 16 websites
- Price decrease: 43 websites
- Multiple decrease: 13 websites
- Old listings (more than 3-months on market): 20
We just added Website Age and Traffic Pageviews as data metrics into tool. You can now hone down your criteria on these metrics as well.
💯 Subscribe for more deals!
Premium access to DealFeed.io is part of The Website Flip Club membership plans. Get a real-time view of live content sites for sale to find your next acquisition.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: