This week’s deals features three off-market sites from The Website Flip, a site from Motion Invest, and an aged domain from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 8 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: DotNetCoreTutorials.com
Niche: Programming, Development
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Unmonetized (should be monetized with display ads)
Listed Price: $26,250 or open to better offer
Due Diligence Dashboard
- High traffic site with roughly 110,000 pageviews/mo
- All 265 articles written by programmer expert (previous owner)
- Excellent backlinks (Microsoft, Stack Overflow)
- Diversified traffic to top pages (larges is 3.8%)
- Writers can be expensive in this niche (easier to find students in universities to write)
- Seasonal variation in traffic (Summer months lower than winter/spring when work/school in session)
- Add Display ads (e.g., Ezoic): The site should make $6-$8 EPMV after optimizations
- Add affiliate links to courses
- Add internal links between articles; none have been added by previous owner
I am always on the lookout for high-traffic websites that are under or not monetized. This one fit the criteria. My initial plan was to monetize and build this site out but it’s been sitting on the site for the past month.
The site has started the process of being added to Ezoic but it hasn’t been finalized due to my oversight. The site was not accepted by Mediavine or AdThrive due to traffic from the US being less than 40%. However, if you have a direct relationship with anyone at those ad networks, you can ask to get accepted.
Every article was written by a programmer who practices .Net in their normal day job. The site was started from scratch in 2016 by the original owner.
The site has gained excellent backlinks over time from Microsoft, Stack Overflow, and various niche programming sites.
As for easy wins, the best one is to just add display ads to the site, add more content, revamp the theme, add internal links, and add affiliate links to courses.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest.
Aged Domain: TimeTravelSports.com
Niche: Sports (Sports Betting, Fantasy Football)
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2010 (12 years old)
Listed Price: $3,480
Backlinks: The New York Times, Wikipedia, Wisc.edu, The Californian, and more.
Time Travel Sports is a clever brand name that reminds people of the famous scene in Back to the Future II when Biff Tannen takes the sports almanac and goes back in time to place bets.
This site previously provided a sports prediction service and discussed using mathematical models to predict the future outcomes of sporting events based on historical data.
Here’s what the old site looked like:
The sports betting industry has grown rapidly due to the recent legalization in most states after the landmark 2018 Supreme Court decision. In 2021 it was estimated that 15 million Americans participated in sports betting.
Here’s what I would do:
- Target long-tail informational keywords about sports betting and fantasy football
- Recreate the homepage with content about using math to predict sports outcomes to build continuity with the old site
- Promote fantasy sports affiliate programs like FanDuel or DraftKings
- Consider sponsored posts for an additional revenue stream
Sports gambling will continue to grow in popularity and this will result in more people searching Google to learn more about it and find answers to questions.
The gambling niche is very competitive with lucrative affiliate programs. The history and links of this domain will provide a strong foundation for building a profitable site.
3-Year-Old Home Site Earning $472/mo on Motion Invest
Source: Motion Invest (see listing)
Profit: $472/mo from Ezoic (~50%), Amazon Affiliate (~40%), Commission Junction (~10%)
Asking Price: $16,708 at a 36X multiple using a 12-month average
- 3 income sources, with no source representing more than 50% of the site’s income
- Evergreen niche with the opportunity to expand
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – top page gets 12% of the site’s traffic according to Ahrefs
- Weak EAT, though the site is not in a YMYL niche
- Mediocre backlink profile
- Make larger product callouts which can increase affiliate revenue up to 15%, or $30/month
- Push new content – target review keywords such as ‘best X’, ‘best Y’, etc.
- Expand to lead gen opportunities (window installation and carpet installation services)
This content site in the home niche presents a great opportunity for those looking to break into the space. It avoids affiliate, ‘listicle’ articles that Google isn’t always a huge fan of and instead presents evergreen informational content that also links out to a few products.
The site is set up for success as it is 2 years old and has been fairly consistent. It has no red flags, though we’d still take some time to improve the EAT and maybe do a disavow to improve the link profile.
The only win I can call out that would translate to a quick improvement of the business is by adding more product callouts in the content. Instead of just linking to products through links adding buttons and bigger CTAs to the readers will increase the number of clicks to these products and will increase affiliate revenue. Other wins benefit the site more in the medium to long term rather than the short term.
🚀 2 Other Sites For Sale
Here are a few more sites that I am selling that are smaller in size. Fill out the form to express interest.
- BinnsGenealogy.com: Aged domain since 2005 that I bought at GoDaddy Auction. I put up a new site with content to let it age. My goal was to build out a family history, DNA, and genealogy niche site. Selling for $3,000 due to lack of time.
- RenewablePedia.com: Receives 2,000 pageviews/mo. Aged site since 2020 with 74 articles. Excellent niche-relevant backlinks. Lucrative niche with high RPMs. I bought this for a merger but won’t be getting around to it. Price is $5,000.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 8 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 8 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains this week. Bidding from $85 to $3,450 at the time of writing.
- PreschoolEducation.com: The site was a preschool portal starting in 2000. It has an DR of 50 and ranks for 4,549 Keywords in the top 100 positions. Currently has backlinks from Bandcamp, UMIch.edu and Texas.edu.
- WaveCation.com: Was a surfing vacation site started in 2011. Has a DR of 29 and ranks for 2,107 KWs with backlinks from Crunchbase, Wikipedia and ProductHunt.
- IndonesiaEats.com: An Indonesian and Asian recipe site started in 2012, with a DR of 30. Ranking for 1,425 KWs with backlinks from Wikipedia, TheGuardian and Yahoo.
- KombiClub.com: An Australian Combi camper club site starting in 2006. Has a DR of 14 and is ranking for 1,816 KWs. Authority backlinks from StackExchange and Shapeways.
- UnmaskParasites.com: Was a website security vulnerabilities scanner started in 2008. Has a DR of 72 and ranks for 2 KWs. Backlinks from Wikipedia, Harvard.edu, Stanford.edu and WashingtonPost.
8 Brandable Domains
Eight brandable two-word domains this week. Currently bidding from $70 to $2,360.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: