Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features two sites from The Website Flip (one off-market aged site in hosting niche, another is a Flippa auction), and one domain from ODYS.global.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Site for Sale #1: WinchMania.com
Type: Existing Content site
Profit: $2,152/mo over last 6-months
The site earns revenue via Amazon Associates and Ezoic display ads.
List Price: Flippa Auction (highest bidder wins)
Due Diligence Dashboard
The site was run through The Website Flip’s Due Diligence dashboard.
- Highly diversified traffic to top pages; largest page with 7%
- Backlink profile is clean, no toxic links
- Average products cost is $300 to $1,000 thus high commissions
- 186 articles published
- Revenues have declined due to out of stock products, and change in Amazon ASINs.
- Needs more diversification to informational content
- Add comparison tables to buying guides (highest traffic page does not have a comparison table)
- Link images in each product review to Amazon
- Add contextual affiliate links within buying guides
- Add other affiliate programs side-by-side with Amazon, specifically Harbor Freight
- Improve the design of the site
This site is in a sub-niche of cars that has low competition. The current seller has done well to target low-competition keywords and the site has grown month-over-month over the last 12-months.
The site was run through AMZ Watcher. There are 264 out of 1160 broken links to Amazon, and 98 out of 425 broken products. Fixing these would increase revenues quickly.
As-is, the site has good easy-win opportunities. First of which is to add comparison tables to missing pages, link images to Amazon, and add contextual affiliate links.
Also, due to being a niche car product, promoting other affiliate programs will be more lucrative. One of which the seller pointed out was Harbor Freight, based in the U.S.
Ezoic was added in February 2021 and brings in approximately $450/mo on average. The site is on Ezoic Premium subscription which is $29.99/mo and is included in the P&L of the site.
Blueprint #2: DempseyFit.com
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 2014 (7 years old)
Listing Price: $1,300
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Insider, NBC News, Yahoo!, The Active Times, Bustle, People, Women’s Health Mag, and more.
This site was run by a fitness blogger named Dempsey, who was a strong advocate for healthy living, yoga, and outdoor activities. She routinely blogged about different types of workouts, types of foods she would eat, and her overall fitness lifestyle.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The fitness niche has immense opportunities. This domain used to be a blog that covered a variety of fitness topics. The domain would be great to build out a niche fitness site.
Here is what I would do:
- Previous owner was a fitness trainer and yoga instructure. Many backlinks are related to yoga. Thus, I would add content related to yoga first as one cluster on the site
- Next, I would venture into weight lifting as another cluster
Monetizing Yoga articles can easily be done with display advertisements. For weight lifting, there are lucrative e-commerce brands like Titan Fitness and Rogue Fitness that pay good commissions and convert well.
Site for Sale #3: Hostinspection.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: The Website Flip
Listing Price: $1,500
- DR23 aged domain since January 2019
- Quality links from PC Tech Mag, EU Business, among others
- 79,000 words. 49 articles, average word count 1400
- Lucrative hosting niche with average $50-$100 per sale
- Starter site; will take more content, SEO, and time to rank
Since this is a pre-revenue site, we can utilize the calculator here to understand its value. Here are the inputs:
- Domain age: ~3 years
- How many articles: 49
- Total word count: 79,000 words
- Backlinks (DR50+): 3
- Site build-out costs: Yes
The seller is looking for $1,500 for a quick sale.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: