Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features a content site built on an aged domain brokered by The Website Flip, a site on Flippa, and an aged domain from ODYS global.
For branded domains, we share data on 14 domains live at auction. We also share the AHREFs metrics for each domain.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Off Market #1: Maximum-Tech.net
Type: Existing Content Site
Listed Price: $5,000
Google Analytics was installed in mid-November. Here is the traffic so far:
- Niche is PC guides and reviews
- 124,160 words of content across 60 articles
- Traffic is increasing daily (40+ visitors daily)
- 4 articles in draft, ready to be published (~9K words)
- Same writing agency will continue at $25 per 1,000 words (20K words minimum)
- Keyword research included
- Tech niche may require some content to be frequently updated
- Add Ezoic to monetize the existing ~40 visitors per day
- Add Amazon Associates on high-traffic pages
This is a content site rebuilt on an aged domain from 2011. It used to be a blog about tech news and product reviews. The site has kept the topical relevancy intact and thus has seen excellent growth.
I like this site because:
- Initial risks are gone; site is growing
- It’s in a niche with significant amount of low competition keywords
- The content quality is good for the price point
- Keyword research is done for the new owner
A good package deal for the right person.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view the current P&L, and all screenshots here.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #2: Tattify.com
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 10 years old
Listed Price: $9,990
Backlinks: Yahoo, HuffPost, BuzzFeed, Behance, Refinery29, Bustle, Cosmopolitan, PopSugar, GQ, and many more
This was e-commerce and a blog about temporary tattoos. They handled the design, development, and production of their tattoos all in-house. They collaborate with artists to bring new designs to their marketplace. Customers could buy these temporary tattoos and the products would be shipped to their homes.
The tattoo niche is extremely lucrative. Over the last few months, I’ve seen and done active due diligence on 6-figure and 7-figure sites in this niche. Many opportunities for growth.
The tattoo niche has many topics to cover. Some example topics include tattoo examples, tattoo schools, tattoo careers, tattoo DIY, etc.
If I were to build out a tattoo site, this is what I would do:
- Add listicle content to get the site started
- Add content about different types of tattoos (animals, arrows, astrology, food, music, quotes). The previous site had dedicated pages for each of these topics.
- Venture into buying guides, courses, careers in this niche after initial traction.
The site would do well with display advertisements, digital products, and affiliates. There are also online courses and training programs that can be promoted for aspiring tattoo artists. Overall, a good niche to enter.
Blueprint #3: RefeerPosts.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $144/mo over last-5-months via Mantis Ads network
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 290,000+ words of content on the site
- Quality links from nich relevant sites
- 3-years aged
- Private display ad network in place (Mantis Ads)
- High traffic concentration (~24%) to the top most article
- Only 6-months of Google Analytics data
- Relatively low DR site for this niche (extremely competitive)
- Will require a high budget for expert content and backlinks
- Fix technical SEO: a few broken backlinks (301 them), both /blog/ and /Blog/ archive exists
- Add affiliate programs in this space to articles
- Optimize existing content for on-page; none of the articles are optimized
- Add Google EAT signals (e.g., authors)
The cannabis niche is hands-down one of the best. Monetization sources in this niche are extremely lucrative with affiliate programs paying out on a Cost Per Action (CPA) basis, i.e., a fixed fee paid to you and not based on a percentage of the sale.
While this site does require work, it has a significant amount of prewritten content that can be optimized for more traffic. A content audit may be needed to prune down the site as most of the articles may not have any keyword volume.
The site also comes with 2,100 email subscribers, 12,000 Youtube subscribers, and 3,100 Twitter followers. These can be leveraged for further traffic. Note that if the email subscribers were not consistently sent campaigns then the list is dead.
In this niche, I highly recommend building an email list with a drip campaign that is automatically sent.
The easy wins listed above are not “home run”; they are more long-term. The long-term value of this site is great. However, in the short term, I would value it at the above numbers without factoring in any easy wins.
🚀 14 Brandable Domains at Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 14 branded domains that are live at auction.
Top brandable name with authority this week is 15-year-old CashMob.com. It doesn’t have massive SEO juice with an AHREFS DR of 17 and 93 referring domains. The domain does have several high authority domain links from Wikipedia, Bloomberg and Entrepreneur.
According to Wikipedia: “a cash mob is a group of people who assemble at a local business to make purchases. The purpose of these mobs is to support both the local businesses and the overall community”. A shopping-related niche may be a good fit for this domain.
Godaddy Estibot appraisal value for CashMob.com is $5,752. The auction is well below that at the time of writing, so a chance for a bargain.
Top brandable-only name this week is ArtBank.com. NFT art-related domains are extremely popular right now and this domain would work well in that niche. Even without “NFT” in the name, this auction is headed towards a 5 figure price.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: