Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features a site being sold by The Website Flip in the make money online (finance) niche, a site in the affordable housing niche listed on Flippa, and an aged domain in the collectibles niche.
For branded domains, we share data on 14 domains live at auction. We also share the AHREFs SEO metrics for each domain.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Off Market #1: ProIncomePanda.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Finance/Make Money Online
Listed Price: $4,200 (slightly negotiable)
- Niche is make money online, specifically survey sites (for now)
- Total word count at 65,043 across 47 articles
- Website is well-designed on WP plugins/themes that are fast
- The site was monetized via Ezoic and survey affiliate offers. Earnings are not being claimed (see below)
- Traffic is growing daily
- Make money online niche is competitive
- Add Ezoic (again) to monetize the site; Ezoic was bring in $0.20-$0.80 a day
- Sign-up to affiliates promoted on the site to start obtaining revenue
- Add comparison tables on high-traffic pages
- Perform interlinking of content (not done)
It’s hard to find growing sites in the make-money online space. The niche is extremely lucrative with high advertising RPMs, high affiliate payouts, and even recurring commission opportunities. This is why I like the niche.
The niche has setbacks though. It’s tough to get traffic and is in Google’s YMYL niche. Google EAT needs to be strong in this niche.
I like this site because (1) it has traction and is growing, and (2) it’s targeting a very sub-niche of making money online which has lower competition.
The previous owner monetized with Ezoic but then removed it. He also set up affiliates but co-mingled the earnings with other sites. Therefore, this site is being listed as unmonetized.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #2: SportsWorldCards.com
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2007 (14 years old)
Listed Price: $4,470
Backlinks: Excellent links from Business Insider, Guardian, BuzzFeed, and many niche relevant sites
This was a UK-based e-commerce store that sold sports cards.
if you have been following the alternative assets space, this is a gem of a domain. This is a growing industry now as there has been recent interest in collectibles, specifically trading cards, again. Then also partner that with Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and there is something here. I am not an expert in this space so make sure to do your own research.
With this domain, I would make it information focus. Essentially, write informative articles on sports cards, different marketplaces where you can buy trading cards, etc. Keep it simple.
Monetization can be done via display ads (which will be high paying in this niche due to recent trends), and affiliate deals with marketplaces.
This is an up-and-coming niche where you can build a real asset.
Blueprint #3: Section8Facts.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Real Estate
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: Claimed $530/mo over last 12-mo. Site is trending down so the actual average is around $289/mo.
- 14-year old aged site in lucrative niche
- Authority links from WikiHow, Bigger Pockets, TalkPoverty, and a few governmental sites
- 142 existing articles published
- Downward trending traffic (peak of 24K in June 2021, to 12K in November 2021)
- Difficult niche; extreme competition
- Switch immediately to Ezoic from Google Adsense for a boost in revenue
- Implement lead generation offers for Section 8 housing; payouts $2-$4 per lead
- Perform a content audit; 142 articles and only less than 20 bring in more than 80% of traffic
- Perform internal linking (never done)
- Clean up the site; potentially do a site redesign
- Update all content (never done)
The topic of affordable housing and Section 8 housing is not only an important topic but also lucrative. Keywords are difficult to rank for and thus resulting in high advertising RPMs. This is an aged site that has been around on its original domain for over 14 years (a rare find).
Note that the Flippa listing states the earnings are $535/mo over last 12-month as an average. That is not the case. The recent downtrend has the site earning $289/mo on average. This is probably because of the content never being updated, and new competition. Keep this in mind!
The site is severely under-monetized with just Google Adsense being used. Google Adsense is bringing in an amazing $25 RPM as of November 2021. That can be boosted with a few more ad spots and by using Ezoic. Plus, you can implement lead generation offers for Section 8 housing. See below for a few offers:
If you are looking for an aged site in a lucrative niche, this would be an interesting one to own.
🚀 14 Brandable Domains at Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 14 branded domains that are live at auction.
At the time of writing Avante.com is going for $31,500 with an estimated value of $17,886. Very little SEO value so it’s pricing on it’s brand name potential alone. Avante is a popular business name so it’s possible that one or more of them are bidding.
Speaking of expensive domain auctions, our brandable name from last week, ArtBank.com sold for $39,008 according to NameBio.com.
Top authority domain this week, Plair.com with a AHREF Domain Rating of 17 and 208 referring domains. Plair was an electronics company developing hardware dongles that streamed HD videos. Unable to compete with deep pocketed competitors like Roku and Google’s Chromecast, Plair closed in 2015 after 4 years in business.
With a GoDaddy estimated value of $6,249 Plair is a strong 5 letter brand name. Be sure to check for active trademarks before bidding.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: