This week’s deals feature 3 websites from Flippa in the dog, NFT, and sports niches, and an aged domain in the DIY niche from Odys. There has been a lack of quality deals on Flippa the last week.
For branded domains, we share data on 15 domains live at auction. The SEO metrics are shared for each domain as well.
Let’s get into each deal!
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2009 (13 years old)
Listed Price: $1,560
Backlinks: Excellent links from Apartment Therapy, CUNY, PSU, Sierra Club, Southwest, Organic Authority, Green Matters, and more
From day one, this used to be a blog discussing how to recycle various type of products.
The DIY niche is interesting due to a significant amount of keyword volume, “hobby” followers, and high RPMs via display ad networks.
This domain used to be a dedicated blog discussing how to recycle items. The topical relevancy is strong to recreate a similar website discussing recycling.
Here is what I would do:
- Recreate the site structure with the same categories: How To Recycle, Project Ideas, Deals & Coupons, etc.
- Recreate the articles that have backlinks (use AHREFs to pinpoint which topics had backlinks)
- Branch out into more lucrative topics like recyclying phones, computers, electronics, etc.
Monetizing in this niche is easily done with display ads through Mediavine and AdThrive; the RPMs are high. However, another lucrative option is recycling affiliate programs for electronics. Phones, tablets, computers, etc are high-ticket recyclable items and there are various services out there that will pay out affiliate commissions.
Flippa Site: DogChatForum.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Pets (Dogs)
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Here is the AHREFs chart for this site. The site has been decreasing since 2015. However, the site needs a ton of work. I am reviewing this for its age, backlink profile, and potential to be revamped into an authority site.
- 16-year old DR 38 domain
- All unique dog-related content on the website
- Backlinks from OnHealth, DailyPuppy, WikiHow, Cuteness, EHow, Lifehacker, WikiPedia, Rover, RXList, and more
- Primary backlinks are all health related which falls into Google’s YMYL category
- Downtrending traffic, no signs of recovery
- Outdated content
- Not a great brand name for an authority site
- Scrap the old site and revamp into a new theme, and new content
- While revamping, perform 301 redirects to ensure backlink authority passes through to new URLs
Usually, I review sites that earn revenue, and in this case, the website does not earn any revenue. However, it’s a strong domain that can be revamped into a quality dog content site.
The backlink profile is extremely strong and the same type of site and content has sat on this domain for 16 years.
🚀 Other Sites For Sale (Classified)
This section covers classified listings. A full due diligence analysis was not done for these. Do your own due diligence.
- NFT-Crypto.info: 6-month old site in the NFT cypto niche with 300-500/visits per month (non organic). A few good backlinks. Could be a good starter site for this niche. See listing.
- BoardAndKayakLife.com: 5-year old seasonal sports site earning $1,117 profit per mo over 12-mo. Winter months get less traffic. However, hard to tell if the winter traffic drop is all seasonal or a combination of seasonality and Google updates. See listing.
🚀 15 Brandable Domains at Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 15 branded domains that are live at auction.
The top brandable name with authority this week is GoBetween.com, with an AHREFS DR of 39. Currently bidding at $165+ at time of writing.
While the DR is relatively high the number of referring domains, is on the low side. That and the age of the links are probably keeping the price below the GoDaddy appraised value of $9,388. There’s still lots of time left on the auction so things may pick up.
GoBetween.com was a messenger/courier service in LA for the entertainment industry starting in 1998.
If you’re in the market for a brandable crypto name there are two at auction this week, BlockchainAgency.com and AboutCrypto.com.
AboutCrypto.com is generating the most bidding interest and is currently at $1300+ with a GoDaddy estimated value of $7,875.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: