This week’s deals features a quality food site from Flippa, a employement site from Empire Flippers, and a site from Motion Invest. In addition, we also cover an aged domain from Ody in the chicken niche.
For domains, we share findings on 4 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Type: Aged Domain
Niche: Animals (Chickens)
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2004 (18 years old)
Listed Price: $3,610
Backlinks: WSJ, Inc, NCB News, Entrepreuneur, Backyard Chickens, Audubon
This website used to sell a physical product for chickens, called chicken diapers. Here’s a snapshot of their original website:
This is a strange domain, but bare with me, there is a good reason why I am covering it. Specifically, the chicken/poultry sub-niche has significant amount of low-competition keywords partnered with a hobbyist group of people that run their own small chicken farms.
There are many variations of keywords available in this niche. For example, write articles on all of the different chicken breeds, target keywords such as “can chickens eat XYZ”, and topics related to starting a chicken coop business.
Many of the competitors, e.g., TheHappyChickenCoop.com, have also cover other poulter animals, such as Quail and Ducks.
Here is what I would do with this site:
- Recreate the site’s homepage to cover the history of the site in terms of the origin story of chicken diapers, what they are, etc. This will ensure topical match with old domain.
- Add the other relevant pages from the old site, such as the About page
- Add low competition informational content, e.g., “can chickens eat XYZ”. I would add about 30-50 informational articles.
- Link from the homepage to a selection of these informational posts to pass the link authority (via archive posts)
- Add commercial content and more top-of-funnel content (e..g, How To Start a Chicken Business)
Monetization in this niche should be focused on a combination of display ads, affiliate products, and digital products. Many of the competitors in this niche also have email lists which funnel people into their digital products (usually a e-book or course). Initially, it’s best to start monetizing with display ads and then become an affiliate for a course/ebook and promote it. Once successful, you can spin off and create your own your own digital products.
Motion Invest: EarlyImpactLearning.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Motion Invest (see listing)
Profit: $6,135/mo from Media Vine and Digital Products
Asking Price: $201,700 at a 35X multiple using a 12-month average
- Excellent growth from May 2022 Google Core update
- Diversified traffic to top pages
- Excellent backlinks (e.g., Psychology Today, Mathnasium, Free Library, universities)
- Healty RPMS of $30+ via Mediavine
- 7 digital courses included
- Email list with 12,000 subscribers
- Amazon KDP sales are NOT included in the sale valuation (~$400/mo); all revenue there is a bonus!
- 140 existing articles written all by the author; 75 new article ideas included
- YMYL niche requiring high-authority backlinks, authorship, and expertise
- Promote the digital courses more. The current site does not promote the courses at all.
- Integrate ThriveCart as the shopping cart checkout for the digital courses with bump offers, upsells/downsells, bundle deals, and discounts
- Change the Wordpress theme to be more professional, and flexible using GeneratePress
- Sell the Amazon KDP books as PDFs on the website
- Add internal links to content; currently lacking internal linking
This Motion Invest website has everything you’d like in a website: high-quality content & backlinks, digital products and e-books included, primarily informational content as opposed to commercial content, and more.
The niche is also extremely lucrative being in education. The display ad RPMs at $30+ shows the value of the niche.
There are plenty of easy wins for a new buyer. For example, the emphasis should be on promoting the digital courses throughout the website. The course should bring significantly more money than Mediavine over time. The buyer should add call-to-action boxes, call out links, and buttons throughout existing content to promote the courses.
The seller can also repurpose the included Amazon KDP books into e-books to be sold on the website as well.
There are significant opportunities to continue growing this website. Partner that with the site receiving a significant boost in traffic in the recent Google Core update, the site is positioned well.
8-Year Old Employment Site Making $1,964/mo on Empire Flippers
Type: Existing Content & SaaS Site
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $1,964/mo from Display Ads and SaaS subscribers
Asking Price: $90,344 at a 46X multiple using a 12-month average
- Over 100,000 pageviews via programmatically generated pages
- Growing traffic & revenue
- 8+ years of operation
- Evergreen, large niche
- 87 active SaaS subscribers
- Low churn rate of 1.14%
- Top 3 pages receive 8.7% of the site’s traffic
- Buyer must have a legal entity in the U.S. to take over the Stripe account
- Buyer needs Node/Angular.js experience or will need to outsource development work
- Domain is a dot “me” (this causes no issues, but isn’t an ideal dot com domain)
- Switching to Mediavine or Adthrive could improve ad revenue up to 50%, or up to $750/month additionally
- CRO on SaaS component can improve SaaS income up to 20%, or $100/month
- Get email subscribers to create an email funnel to get more paying customers
This SaaS & display advertising site in the employment niche is one to consider. Its age, niche, growing traffic, and growing revenue make us optimistic about its future. There is plenty of room to grow in this niche and we love that it has two solid sources of revenue that are independent of each other.
There are 2 challenges:
- The site is more technical than other businesses we review since it is on a custom platform so the new owner will need coding experience or will need to pay a freelancer to help.
- The new owner will need to be or have a legal entity in the U.S. to take over the Stripe account
That said, there are also a lot of ways to optimize and improve the site. The most immediate is to switch from the current ad network Adsense to Mediavine or Adthrive, both of which the site qualifies for. Doing so can easily increase revenue by hundreds of dollars per month.
Flippa Site: Cuisinen.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Food, Kitchen
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $1,121/mo from Amazon Associates and private affiliate program
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Private affiliate relationship with FreezerFit
- Diversified traffic to top pages (highest is less than 4%)
- Targets a sub-niche of cookbooks which is less competition
- Clean backlink profile with no spam, PBN links
- Slightly lower traffic in June 2022 (but not enough correlation to be because of Google core update)
- No notable existing backlinks
- Add display advertisements for additional revenue ($130 to $150 per month additionally)
- Add a sidebar with call to action boxes to high-paying affiliate (FreezerFit) or display ads
- Add call to action boxes and buttons to promoted FreezerFit
- Potential to develop a cookbook and sell to audience
The cooking/food niche is one that I’ve personally never entered, but it’s extremely lucrative if done right. This specific site is doing things the right way through high-ticket affiliate programs.
The site has excellent easy wins which include adding display ads for an additional $130 minimum revenue with current traffic levels and also doing CRO on existing articles to generate more traffic to the private affiliate program.
The off-page SEO is clean with practically no backlinks. This can be a highlight or a setback since the new owner can build their own links. I personally like to buy sites with at least a few high-authority links.
🚀 4 SEO Domains & 7 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 7 branded domains that are live at auction.
4 SEO Domains
Five domains with authority this week currently bidding from $100+ to $1,300+ at the time of writing.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- StudentUK.com: This was a national student website starting way back in 1998. It has a AHREFS DR of 30 and ranks for 4,697 keywords. The domain has authority backlinks from Wikipedia, TheGuardian and UToronto.ca.
- LittleBearCoffeeCo.com: Was a coffee store and blog started in 2018. Has a DR of 22 and is ranking for 187 KWs. Backlinks from IHeart.com, UnTappd and UNM.edu.
- TheLinuxBlog.com: Was a Linux information site starting in 2007 with a DR of 18. Ranking for 101 KWs with backlinks from BBC, Harvard and Wikipedia.
- TheLeafDesk.com: Was a cannabis news and information portal starting in 2019. It has a DR of 19 and is ranking for 174 KWs with links from Medium, IHeart and BoingBoing.net.
7 Brandable Domains
Seven single-word and two-word brandable domains this week, bidding from $300+ to $2,300+.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: