This week’s deals feature an off-market site in the audio niche brokered by The Website Flip, a site on Motion Invest that has significant room for growth, and an aged domain from Odys in the gardening sub-niche.
I also recap on the 227+ online businesses for sale that DealFeed.io has captured. Make sure to check that section out!
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 13 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: Descriptive.Audio
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Monetized via Mediavine and Amazon Associates
- Last-3-month average: $2,809
- Last 6-month average: $2,672
- Last 12-month average: $1,458
Listed Price: $101,536 (~38X of L6M average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Growing traffic month to month and positive effect in the last 3 Core Updates
- Aged domain with high authority, rebuilt in 2020
- Solid backlink profile (e.g., VeryWell, Github)
- Majority of the content is evergreen (no updates needed)
- Over last 30 days, top 2 pages receive approximately 30% of traffic. This has improved from 50% and it’s improving monthly as the site gets more diversified.
- Uncommon .audio TLD domain. This does not cause issues with SEO and getting traffic but perception is different for non dot com domains.
- Top tier sites in the industry are at DR 60-70 (this site is mid-tier at DR 51)
- Add affiliate product tables on buying guides/reviews to increase conversion rates
- Add UK and CA Amazon Associate earnings via OneLink, AAWP, or GeniusLink
- Add more commercial content and maintain a ratio of 70% info to 30% commercial content
- Add author profiles for better Google EAT
- Move to AdThrive and receive a guaranteed RPM from them
This website is well-positioned for further growth. In the recent Google Core update in May 2022, the site received a nice boost in traffic. With over 104 posts, it covers the major topics of the niche well.
The website receives 100,000+ sessions per month giving the buyer enough traffic to test new tactics and see results quickly.
The site is well-monetized with Mediavine earning around a $20 RPM, which is on-par for this niche. There are no easy wins with optimizing Mediavine better. However, you can reach out to AdThrive and see if they are willing to give you a guaranteed RPM higher than Mediavine.
The site has some commercial content that is not monetized properly. Adding affiliate comparison tables would increase Amazon Associate revenues.
Over time, the website is getting more diversified in its breakdown of which pages bring in traffic. This is a plus point.
Overall, if you are looking for a growing site in a growing niche, this is a good one to consider.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view:
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2013 (9 years old)
Listed Price: $1,550
Backlinks: FastCompany, CB Insights, DailyHive, Shell
Hop created the first compost facility in Canada. They launched in February 2015. They saved over 3 million pounds of food waste from landfill. This was their business website in the past:
Composing, a sub-niche within the gardening vertical is growing in popularity. With that, many physical and digital products exist in this space. With my experience in the overall gardening niche, it’s competitive so niching down further into composting makes sense.
Here’s what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage covering what this business did, and the different locations it served. Create a portal for visitors to understand composting in their state/city. This will match topical relevancy.
- Add content targeting long-tail keywords with variations such as, “Can I compost XYZ food”. This can ramp up traffic quickly.
- Cover other keywords like, “Can I compost in XYZ city”. As the demand for composting increases, people will wonder what they can do in their city/state/country.
- Add commercial content related to compost tools, processes, etc.
Monetizing in this niche is naturally done with display ads. Mediavine and AdThrive work well in the gardening vertical. Their are also many digital products, e.g., e-books, PDFs, you can become an affiliate for.
4-Year Old Education Site Making $6,135/mo on Motion Invest
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Motion Invest (see listing)
Profit: $6,135/mo from Media Vine and Digital Products
Asking Price: $202,734 at a 35X multiple using a 12-month average
- Excellent growth from May 2022 Google Core update
- Diversified traffic to top pages
- Excellent backlinks (e.g., Psychology Today, Mathnasium, Free Library, universities)
- Healty RPMS of $30+ via Mediavine
- 7 digital courses included
- Email list with 12,000 subscribers
- Amazon KDP sales are NOT included in the sale valuation (~$400/mo); all revenue there is a bonus!
- 140 existing articles written all by the author; 75 new article ideas included
- YMYL niche requiring high-authority backlinks, authorship, and expertise
- Promote the digital courses more. The current site does not promote the courses at all.
- Integrate ThriveCart as the shopping cart checkout for the digital courses with bump offers, upsells/downsells, bundle deals, and discounts
- Change the Wordpress theme to be more professional, and flexible using GeneratePress
- Sell the Amazon KDP books as PDFs on the website
- Add internal links to content; currently lacking internal linking
This Motion Invest website has everything you’d like in a website: high-quality content & backlinks, digital products and e-books included, primarily informational content as opposed to commercial content, and more.
The niche is also extremely lucrative being in education. The display ad RPMs at $30+ shows the value of the niche.
There are plenty of easy wins for a new buyer. For example, the emphasis should be on promoting the digital courses throughout the website. The course should bring significantly more money than Mediavine over time. The buyer should add call-to-action boxes, call out links, and buttons throughout existing content to promote the courses.
The seller can also repurpose the included Amazon KDP books into e-books to be sold on the website as well.
There are significant opportunities to continue growing this website. Partner that with the site receiving a significant boost in traffic in the recent Google Core update, the site is positioned well.
🚀 227 Online Businesses For Sale on DealFeed.io
Over 1.5 years ago, I launched DealFeed.io. It’s a dedicated tool aggregating business for sale to on place. This saves you significant time searching.
Types of businesses for sale today:
- 90 affiliate sites
- 64 Amazon FBA businesses
- 12 Amazon KDP
- 63 display ad sites
- 30 newsletters
- 6 SaaS businesses
- And much more…
The average multiple is sitting at 35.4X monthly multiple over the last 12-months. Of the total business for sale, 91 are “aged” as in they’ve been sitting for 3+ months with no interest (opportunity to make a low offer to get the deal), 75 deals recently had an adjustment valuation, and 44 deals had a valuation multiple adjustment.
DealFeed has helped many people spot excellent deals. You can use the filters to fine-tune exactly what you are looking for. make sure to check it out!
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 13 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 13 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five domains with authoritative backlinks this week. Currently bidding from $30+ to $800+ so some possible bargains to be had.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- WittyFutty.com: A soccer site started in 2016, it currently has an AHREFs Domain Rating of 10 and is ranking for 4,020 keywords in the top 100 positions. Active backlinks from Wikipedia, Buzzfeed and Sports Illustrated.
- HomeSweetRoman.com: A home decor blog started in 2019 with a DR of 21 and is ranking for 1,724 KWs. Has backlinks from Pinterest and CountryLiving.
- WotWine.com: Was a wine recommendation site and Android app starting in 2014-15 with a DR of 21 and currently ranking for 22 KWs with backlinks from GoodHousekeeping, TheGuardian and Elle.
- FutureOfForestry.com: The site for an American indie rock band from Southern California started in 2007. Has a DR of 27 and is ranking for 47 KWs. It has active backlinks from Vimeo, Bandcamp and DeviantArt. The band is still active on Twitter.
- WayToStay.com: Was a short-term apartment rental site starting in 2009. Currently has a DR of 44 and ranking for 3 KWs. Backlinks from TheGuardian, TripAdvisor and Behance.
13 Brandable Domains
Thirteen domains with brandable names this week. Currently bidding from $300+ to $5,200+.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: