This week’s deals feature a site for sale in the technology niche from Empire Flippers, a site from Flippa in the tennish niche, and an aged domain from Odys Global.
For auction domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 8 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2004 (18 years old)
Listed Price: $9,710
Backlinks: Wikipedia, The Conversation, UPenn, and niche relevant sites
This used to be the site of a famous poker coach who used the site to teach poker and also promoted his physical book.
This is the first domain/website I’ve covered in the gambling niche. It’s not a niche I’ve ever entered due to sheer competition and lack of interest. However, without a doubt, it’s one of the MOST lucrative niches on the web.
This aged domain caught my attention as it’s well-aged, well-branded, and has quality backlinks. This is what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage as a collection of categories with explanatory text and a selection of articles under each category. Similar to how The Website Flip homepage is structured
- Add informative articles on all aspects of poker with strategies, game rules, etc.
- Develop an e-book and/or course in the space (or become an affiliate for one)
- Build a newsletter using a plugin like Newsletter Glue (this is what I use)
Note that this is a highly-competitive niche yet lucrative. You can promote online poker services as an affiliate. You can also promote training programs, books, etc. on the topic of improving one’s poker game. Building an email list in this space would also be worth it.
14-Year-Old Tech Site Making $2,837/mo on Empire Flippers
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $2,806/mo from Google Adsense
Asking Price: $137,489 at a 49X multiple using an 8-month average
- Strong, niche-relevant backlinks
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – top 3 pages account for less than 20% of the site’s traffic
- 14+ years old makes it older than most content websites
- Growing traffic and revenue
- 1,000+ reviews on apps to optimize, improve, etc.
- Weak EAT (but good EAT isn’t necessary for the niche)
- Switch from Adsense to Adthrive/Mediavine to improve revenue by up to 40%
This 14-year-old content site in the tech niche is certainly one to consider. Despite its age, it only recently saw a big uptick in traffic and earnings – a great sign for a potential buyer.
There are no major weaknesses to the site. Even though it’s a phrase-match domain (i.e., keyword in the domain with surrounding words), the niche itself is huge. There are countless content opportunities, but monetizing it beyond ads isn’t straightforward. It’s possible to monetize via sponsored listings and affiliate income, but the new owner would have to do some digging to uncover these opportunities.
That said, a new buyer will want to instantly switch from Adsense to Adthrive or Mediavine, both of which are much better ad networks than Adsense and can improve revenue overnight by up to 40%, or about $1,000/month. Additionally, a new buyer will want to consider collecting emails via opt-in pop-ups. Given the age of the site, the site could likely use some technical updates and improvements as well.
🚀 Other Sites For Sale
Here is one site that is listed on Flippa. I have not done a detailed analysis. Do your own due diligence!
- TennisUni.com: a high-traffic Tennis niche site. The primary traffic is for the German language. The site is unmonetized and the seller is using SEMRush’s traffic estimate as an estimate for his potential revenue, which is unrealistic. Make sure to do your due diligence on what the site’s revenue potential is.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 8 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 8 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO Domains with authority backlinks this week. Currently bidding from $105 to $7,300. Four of the five are in the 3-figure range, so there are some possible bargains to be had.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- JetSettersBlog.com: This site was a travel authority blog from 2004 to the present. With an AHREFs Domain Rating of 36 and currently ranking for 1005 Keywords in the top 100 positions. It has backlinks from AOL, NYPost and Alaska.edu.
- ShrinkThatFootprint.com: Was a site to help people reduce their carbon footprint starting in 2013. It has a DR of 61 and ranks for 1,994 KWs with backlinks from BBC, CNN, TheGuardian, BusinessInsider and HuffPost.
- HealthSavings.com: Was a site providing Health Savings Accounts and information starting in 2007. Currently has a DR of 39 and ranking for 100 KWs. Has backlinks from Forbes, CNBC and HuffPost.
- PowerLawOfAttraction.com: An authority site on the Law of Attraction stared in 2001. Has a Domain Rating of 31 and ranks for 33 KWs with backlinks from PRWeb and Wikipedia.
- Oubly.com: The site was a Stationary/Card e-commerce site starting in 2013 and running to 2020. With a DR of 28 and ranking for 28 KWs. Backlinks from Flicker, Medium and Behance. A good brandable name with no apparent active US trademarks.
8 Brandable Domains
Eight Brandable single-word and two-word names this week. Currently bidding from between $60 to $9,300+ at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: