This week’s deals feature an off-market site in the home niche, a Flippa site in the environmental niche, a site on Empire Flippers in the finance niche, and an aged domain in the real estate niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 7 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: YourH2Home.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Revenue: Monetized via Amazon Associates, Ezoic, ShareASale, and other affiliate programs
- Last-3-month average: $1,043
- Last 6-month average: $1,065
- Last 12-month average: $885
Listed Price: $40,470 (~38X of L6M average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
We put the site through the EasyDiligence.io due diligence dashboard. Here are the results:
- 4-year-old website
- Diversified traffic to top pages (top page gets 7%)
- Diversified revenue sources from affiliate and display ad programs
- Good mix of commercial vs information content
- No low-quality spammy links (i.e., no PBNs)
- Slight downtrend in traffic last few months but that’s related to typical variations from month to month in this niche
- Remove featured images on all posts. This will result in an increase in overall advertising RPMs.
- Improve internal linking; currently not many internal links from informational to commercial articles
- Target “repeatable” keywords, e.g., “Is the water safe to drink in [CITY | STATE | COUNTRY]”
If you are looking to enter a that has an abundance of keywords, then the home niche is great. This specific site is in a sub-niche of home related to water filtration.
This website has an excellent foundation of 168 articles with a good mix of information vs commercial buying guides. The site has obtained natural backlinks over time and is clean of any low-quality spammy links.
As for easy wins, the seller has done a good job of optimizing the top pages with comparison tables, call-to-action-buttons, product images linked to affiliates, and more. No immediate revenue easy wins exist. However, the site has poor internal linking which if improved would result in a traffic increase.
Furthermore, removing the featured image that takes about more than 30% of the screen, would push display ads up higher resulting in an overall increase in display ad RPMs.
This site is recommended due to the abundance of keywords. Many keywords are repeatable where one could create one content outline and just replace main keywords (e.g., is water safe in CITY).
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view:
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
4-Year Old Finance Site Making $3,399/mo on Empire Flippers
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $3,399/mo from Display Advertising, Amazon Associates, and other affiliate programs
Asking Price: $132,555 at a 39X multiple using a 12-month average
- Traffic and earnings are on an upward trajectory
- Diversified traffic sources social (63.2%), direct (19.72%), organic search (16.2%)
- Social media accounts have a real following, with Pinterest having almost 20K+ followers and 3.5M monthly views
- 2,700+ email subscribers
- Top 2 pages gets 48% of the site’s traffic according to Ahrefs
- Site is in finance niche but has mediocre Google EAT
- Creating and selling info products (such as finance spreadsheets) in posts and in email campaigns can increase revenue by $730/month (0.1% conversion rate at $9.99 per sale)
- Push more affiliate programs instead of info content
- Improve interlinking to improve traffic
This general finance site presents a wonderful opportunity for those looking for a content website with diversified traffic. Unlike most of the websites we review, this finance site gets most of its traffic from Pinterest which presents an opportunity to grow the organic search traffic.
The most immediate item to work on for the new owner is to better monetize the email subscribers. Creating and selling info products under this brand can be lucrative. At the same time, the new owner will want to better optimize email sign-ups with some exit-intent sign-up forms and free products in exchange for emails.
The new owner will want to start publishing more affiliate content and improve interlinking. With plenty of content opportunities, there is no shortage of topics that can be written about. RPM from ads in this space is high compared to other niches.
Aged Domain: KeepYourRent.com
Niche: Real Estate
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2020 (2 years old)
Listed Price: $4,850
Backlinks: HuffPost, CTV News, Substack, and many other news organizations
A community organization helping people stay in their rental homes and minimize evictions.
Here is what the past site looked like:
The real estate niche is lucrative but highly competitive. Not using an aged domain for this niche would be a very uphill battle with big players.
This website has excellent branding to be turned into an informational content site covering the following topics:
- Section 8 program in the US for each city, and state
- Eviction rules/laws in each city, state
- Rent negotiation tactics
- Best places to rent
This domain was a simple website targeting primarily the Canadian market. I would cover all of the above topics in the Canadian region first, and then branch into the US. Rebuilding this site would be simple since it was only 4 or so pages.
Monetization would be ideally done via display ads which pay $30+ RPMs in this niche (and much higher), and affiliate lead generation (e.g., Section 8 lead generation offers).
Flippa Site: EcoWut.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Profit: $193/mo over last-12-mo via Ezoic and Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Very profitable, high ad revenue niche (averaging $25 to $30 EPMV on Ezoic)
- Growing traffic and earnings; $421 revenue over last-6-month, and $193 over last-12-mo
- Well-branded domain
- Diversified traffic to top pages (highest is 13.6%)
- Topical relevancy issues. A mix of Animals/Plant content with clean energy. Lack of focus.
- Highly competitive niche related to solar, environment, etc.
- Minimal Google EAT across the website (no author box, about page is lacking information)
- Add images to high-traffic articles: result in higher ad EPMVs since more locations for ads to show up.
- Audit/Prune existing content: can result in a traffic increase if irrelevant or unoptimized content is removed
- Buy an aged domain and perform a 301 redirect to boost authority
The environmental niche is lucrative and one I have covered in these write-ups regularly. This is a niche that will continue growing in both keyword volume, revenue opportunities, and overall size.
This website specifically ranks for keywords related to Tesla electric vehicles, solar panels, and more. These are highly lucrative keywords with high advertising RPMs.
Since this is a pure informational site monetized with display ads, there are no significant easy wins in terms of boosting revenues. One recommendation is to add images to posts. Adding images allows for more ad placeholders thus more ads can show resulting in higher revenues.
I highly recommend adding commercial-intent keywords like buying guides, individual product reviews, and comparison articles. These can be then monetized via affiliate programs.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 7 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 7 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five authority domains this week in the video gaming, crypto, home, product comparison and mapping/data niches. Currently bidding at $300+ to $6,100+.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- IntoThePixel.com: Was a video game art exhibition website starting in 2005 to 2022. It currently has a DR 42 and ranks for 308 Keywords. Backlinks from Wikipedia, NY Times and Behance.
- BitcoinWisdom.com: A bitcoin pricing and information authority site from 2015 to 2020. With a DR of 60 and currently ranking for 19 KWs. Backlinks from Github, Wikipedia, Reddit and Medium.
- Awhere.com: Was a mapping and data company from 2007. Has a DR 46 and ranking for 7 KWs with high authority backlinks from The Guardian, Bloomberg, TechCrunch, WSJ and Fortune.
- HowStuffCompares.com: Was a product comparison site focusing on A vs B keyword phrases starting in 2017. Has a DR 24 and currently ranking for 7,101 KWs. Backlinks from Bustle, Refinery29 and Heavy.
- AtHomeWithMyHoney.com: A recipe and homemaking blog site starting in 2015. Has a DR of 49 and ranking for 3,664 KWs.
7 Brandable Domains
Seven strong brandable single-word and two-word domains this week. Currently bidding from $30+ to $1400+ at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: