This week’s deals feature two off-market sites in the paintball and home niche, one Flippa site in the movie/film niche, and an aged domain in the wellness/meditation niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 13 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: ProPaintball.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Sport (paintball)
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Monetized via Amazon Associates USA only
- Last-3-month average: $632
- Last 6-month average: $599
- Last 12-month average: $510
Listed Price: $24,000 (~40X of L6M average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 23-year-old original site. The owner is a paintball expert and has owned the site since 1999.
- All content was written by experts
- Steady traffic month-over-month
- Niche branded domain
- Highly-engaged Facebook page
- Clean & quality backlink profile
- Top page gets a high proportion of traffic (above the 15% recommended)
- Google EAT needs to be improved (author profiles, about page, etc)
- Add Ezoic for an additional $150-$180 of revenue per month
- Mobile optimize comparison tables
- Add call-to-action buttons on buying guides
- Promote other affiliate programs side-by-side with Amazon for a significant boost in revenues
- Increase content paragraph spacing for higher potential advertising RPMs
- Perform a content audit to understand what content can be pruned
It’s extremely rare to come across a single-owner content site owned since 1999. The owner of this site has been paintballing for over two decades and has put together this site to cover the industry.
The site is primarily monetized with Amazon Associates USA. Easy wins include adding Ezoic for an additional revenue stream, and then also turning on Amazon CA and the UK for a small boost in revenue.
The backlinks to this site are extremely clean with Wikipedia, Bustle, and niche-specific links.
The paintball niche is also very hobby-driven as can be seen from the very active Facebook page (included in sale). There are main private affiliate programs and buyers like to buy directly from them as opposed to Amazon. Supplementing Amazon links with direct affiliates would result in a significant boost plus diversification in revenues.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view:
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2015 (7 years old)
Listed Price: $5,160
Backlinks: CNET, GQ, Built-In NYC, Best Startups, Github, and more
Wave was a mobile application and product that assisted in meditation at home.
Here is what the past site looked like:
The topic of “meditation” has been getting a lot more attention the last 5 or so years. It’s become mainstream. With that, many products and websites have launched discussing the best techniques and products to help meditate better.
With this specific domain, I would build out a dedicated niche site on meditation. I would cover how-to guides and information content about meditation first, and then venture into commercial buying guides. You could eventually venture into Yoga as a topic as that is a form of meditation.
Note that this can be seen as a Google YMYL topic so make sure to hire editors/writers with expertise.
As for monetization, the best would be affiliate programs for services/apps/products in this niche. A simple Google search for “meditation affiliate programs” will yield good results. The secondary (yet easier) monetization option would be display ads with Mediavine (ideally as they would pay a premium in this niche).
Flippa Site: IFilmThings.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Film, Moviemaking
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $1,222/mo from Ezoic, Amazon Affiliate, and a Private Affiliate
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Consistent traffic and earnings throughout the past few years
- 200+ articles for great topical relevance
- Evergreen niche with opportunities to expand
- 3 diversified sources of income
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – the top page gets 13% of the site’s traffic according to Ahrefs
- Clean backlink profile
- High-traffic to two top pages (more than 15%) – diversification needed
- May have been affected by recent updates (recent downtrend)
- Weak Google EAT that needs to be improved
- Apply for Mediavine, which can improve revenue from display ads by up to 40%
- Publish commercial buying guides
- Improve CRO by adding pop-ups to primary affiliate programs
- Redesign the site to improve traffic metrics
With over 200 articles, the majority of which are informational, the site has a great foundation. While it has some decent links, most of the links aren’t amazing so some strategic link building would be helpful.
That said, link building isn’t exactly what we’d prioritize in the beginning. Instead, a new owner will want to play to Mediavine, a much better ad network than Ezoic, which is what the site uses, and betting on Mediavine can instantly increase ad revenue by up to 40%. Additionally, improving CRO on existing affiliate pages by adding pop-ups and call-to-action buttons can easily increase affiliate revenue by up to 30%.
The new owner will want to continue with a heavy content strategy but can focus on more lucrative articles in the form of product reviews and ‘best’ listicles. With so many pages, the site can rank relatively quickly for these articles that are capable of generating plenty of affiliate income.
🚀 Another Off-Market Site
Check out this off-market site that was listed in last week’s Deal Flow Newsletter.
- YourH2Home.com: Earns $1,065/mo via Amazon Associates, Ezoic, ShareASale, and other affiliate programs. The site is growing month over month. Fill out the form to express interest!
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 13 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 13 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five authority domains are at auction this week, currently bidding for $25+ to $4,000+ at the time of writing.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- BlogCatalog.com: blog directory starting in 2004 and has consistent content until 2021. It currently has a DR of 75 and ranking for 2 keywords. Has backlinks from Wikipedia, Washington Post, Business Insider, and Harvard.edu.
- QBrushes.com: graphic design site offering links to free Photoshop brushes starting in 2008. It has a DR of 52 and ranking for 2 KWs. Backlinks from DeviantArt and SmashingMagazine.
- WeirdForest.com: indie record label starting in 2004. Has a DR of 49 and is ranking for 1,117 KWs. Backlinks from Wikipedia, SFWeekly and Vimeo. Note: the pages currently indexed in Google show content in Arabic from 2021 onwards.
- ProductsBrowser.com: product review website starting in 2019. It currently has a DR of 45 and is ranking for 816 KWs. Backlinks from Instructables and Toms Hardware.
- NerdBlock.com: monthly subscription service of nerdy apparel, toys, and collectibles starting in 2011. It has a DR of 40 and is raking for 61 KWs. Backlinks from NYTimes, INC, Behance and Buzzfeed.
13 Brandable Domains
Thirteen brandable single-word and two-word domains this week in various niches with a few bargain prices. Currently bidding at $25+ to $2,000+.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: