This week’s deals feature 2 Flippa sites in the outdoor and business niches, a site on Investors Club in the beauty niche, and an aged domain in the fashion niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 6 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2013 (9 years old)
Listed Price: $6,660
Backlinks: HuffPost, OReilly, Cosmopolitan, MakeZine, and other niche relevant domains
In their own words, “StyleShake, a bespoke fashion eBrand, which allows customers to create their own individual and inspiring designs and share them with our creative community.” People could design their own clothing, and StyleShake would make it.
Here is what the old site looked like:
I have not covered the fashion niche much, however, it’s lucrative, has tons of low competition keywords, and multiple ways to monetize. This specific domain is well-branded with two words and has excellent backlinks in the fashion space.
Here is what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage as-is where you keep the topical relevancy the same as the old site
- Create a “Fashion News” category as the old site had
- Create a “Blog” category
- Initially, add all informational content related to fashion, clothing, etc. Add 30-50 informational articles to test the domain if worthy of continuing
- Branch out into commercial guides over time (e.g., best, comparisons, individual reviews)
I’ve seen many fashion-related sites for sale at top brokers like Empire Flippers. They demand high multiples and usually sell out quickly. There are currently two Empire Flipper listings in this niche. The first one is at a 35X multiple, and the second is at a 53X multiple.
Monetization can easily be done via display ads. Mediavine is well-tuned for this niche. Amazon Associates can be used to monetize any physical products. ShareASale network has a ton of bespoke fashion brands as well.
Flippa Site: OfftheGridGearHub.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $223/mo over last 6-months via Ezoic and Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Good niche with potential for significant growth (lots of low competition keywords)
- 356 published articles
- Good mix of informational vs commercial articles (however, most of the commercial content is ranking)
- Diversified traffic with the top page getting 4.42% of traffic
- Significant amount content published but minimal traffic (8K pageviews) – requires major audit
- Domain branding is long, not ideal (no impact on SEO so the site will perform fine)
- Link product images in comparison tables to affiliate program – leads to higher CTR
- Add call-to-action (CTA) buttons to buying guides – higher CTR
- Remove featured image on posts – lead to higher display ad RPMs
- Expand buying guides with more content (FAQs, how to buy, etc)
The outdoor niche is evergreen, lucrative, and hobby-driven; a perfect trio. This site has been growing month over month and is aged over 6 years. A great asset.
The site receives only 8,000 pageviews but has over 350+ articles published. This ratio does not make sense indicating that a ton of content is low-quality, thin content, or just lacking SEO. A thorough audit is needed. The sellers did an audit to reduce content from 800 articles to what it is today, however, a further audit is needed.
As for easy wins, many of the commercial buying guides do not have the images in comparison tables linked to Amazon. This is a major element that gets clicked and by adding the links, an immediate boost in revenues will occur. It would also be good to add CTA buttons through the guides. Lastly, a featured image takes up more than 50% of the above-the-fold spacing. Removing this will result in ads showing up higher thus higher RPMs.
13-Year Old Beauty Site Making $5,459/mo on Investor Club
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Investors Club
Revenue: $5,459/mo from affiliate marketing, display advertising
Asking Price: $212,901 at a 39X multiple using a 6-month average of revenue
- 13+ year old website
- Increasing revenue and traffic
- Domain is brandable in a large, evergreen niche
- Email list of 5,000+
- Social media pages with a considerable following
- Potential traffic decline in April according to Ahrefs (IC hasn’t released April data yet)
- Site seems to have some formatting/css issues
- Littered with ads; decrease to improve user experience
- Add affiliate links to the list at the top of money articles which can improve affiliate revenue 20%, or about $800/month
- Fix html/css issues
- Test out private affiliate programs as alternatives to Amazon to increase payout
- Improve EAT to improve site traffic and protect against future algo updates
- Improve and update newsletter
- Improve pop-up to increase email capture conversion rate
If you’re looking for an aged site in the fashion space this might be the one for you. Even though the site has more than 500 published pages, there is still plenty of room to grow with nearly an unlimited amount of articles that can be published on the site.
There are a lot of easy wins for this site, but we’d focus on our first point as the easiest win – adding affiliate links to the listed products at the top of money articles. As a quick follow, we highly recommend figuring out the html/css issues. We’re not sure exactly what the issue is but the site is definitely not displaying correctly. Once that is done you want to start testing out some private affiliate programs to get a higher $ per conversion. There are a number of them in the beauty space, but admittedly we’re not sure about the products featured in the site’s top-ranking articles.
That said, don’t forget to set aside time to plan some additional content. The site’s healthy monthly profits give the new owner a solid content budget to reinvest into growing the site. The site has high topical relevance due to its amount of content so a well-planned content strategy should result in some great growth once the content gets indexed and starts ranking.
Overall, the site is a great opportunity for someone with some experience under their belt. With so many moving parts, it’s not ideal for someone new to the space (though it’s possible to still make it work). With some sold, consistent work to take advantage of all the possible improvements, this site can really skyrocket in earnings. This is assuming April 2022 was a solid month for the site. If it was affected by some of the updates that happened, this could still be a good opportunity but might require some additional, high-skilled SEO work.
🚀 Other Sites For Sale
Here are a few sites that are listed on Flippa. I have not done a detailed analysis on these because they do not fully pass my due diligence but may be worth it for you. Do your own due diligence!
- SWOTAnalysisTemplate.com: 2-year old site making $266/mo with 87 published articles. The site does SWOT analysis for companies. It’s a lucrative niche but be aware that it does take expertise in SWOT to write these articles.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 6 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 6 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
This week, an interesting mix of authority domains that are currently bidding from $40 on up to $8,500+.
We share the AHREFs stats and also what the past site was about. View them below:
- TheWayfarerNYC.com: A site for a restaurant in New York starting in 2014. Currently has an AHREFS DR of 34 with 92K keywords ranking in the top 100 positions. The domain expired in 2020 and was rebuilt as a food-related blog in 2021. Backlinks from NYT, Fortune, NY Post, Vogue, Food Network, People.
- NoStressHydroponics.com: Was a hydroponics store in West Hollywood starting in 2008. Currently has a DR of 7 and ranking for 2043 KWs. Backlinks from Yellow Pages and Local.com.
- LocalMotors.com: A site for crowd-powered automotive design, manufacturing and technology first started in 2013. A strong brandable domain with a DR of 71 and ranking for 256 KWs with backlinks from Wikipedia, NYT and The Guardian.
- HolyTaco.com: This site’s history is a bit of a mystery as it’s been excluded from Archive.org’s Wayback Machine. According to the pages still indexed in Google, it was an entertainment site. Currently has a DR of 53 and ranking for 146 KWs.
- AkiThemes.com: This was a WordPress theme site started in 2019. Currently has a DR of 77 with no keywords ranking.
6 Brandable Domains
Strong single-word and two-word brandable domains this week. Bidding from $400+. Check them out.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: