Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features sites from Flippa in the food niche, and an aged domain from ODYS Global in the camera niche.
For branded domains, we share data on 15 domains live at auction. We also share the AHREFs metrics for each domain.
In general, the availability of quality deal flow (at least on Flippa) in the last month has really died down. Most likely because sellers want to cash in on Q4 earnings before selling early next year. Doing my best to bring you the best-vetted deals.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Blueprint #1: DSLRBot.com
Type: Aged Domain
Source: ODYS.Global (see listing here)
Age: 11 years old
Listed Price: $3,760
Backlinks: Notable links from LifeHacker, Instructables, PCWorld, and various publications in Japan and Germany.
The previous owners of this domain created an infrared DSLR camera controller application and sold that. This app would be able to control your DSLR camera to take pictures, time delays when taking a picture, GPS logging, and more. They had an active blog as well. This is what the past site looked like:
I tend to stay away from technology niches due to content not being evergreen; products go out of stock and thus need constant updating. However, I’ve seen several 6-figure sites in the camera niche in the past sold by niche website creators. The camera sub-niche is lucrative and has a strong hobbyist following.
Here is what I would do:
- Match topical relevancy early on. Write content relate to DSRL camera apps that are available today (e.g., on iOS and Android). Write about the old DSLRBot app and how it paved the way for the current apps out there today.
- Add informational content around DSLRs, how to buy, what to look for, technology available today
- Finally, add commercial articles related to buying guides for the best camera products
This niche can be easily monetized via affiliate marketing. To get started, I recommend Amazon Associates but then it’s worthwhile to brand out to more specific e-commerce brands with affiliate programs (e.g., B&H Photo Video). I would also add display advertising using Ezoic early on to generate revenue.
An overall good sub-niche within the broader technology niche.
Blueprint #2: WarmChef.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $692/mo average over last 6-months via Amazon Associates and Mediavine
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 4-year old aged site
- Highly diversified traffic to top pages (largest page gets 7.67%)
- Quality backlinks from niche relevant Food sites
- Email list with 8,000 subscribers with automated welcome series
- Seller did not mention a 301 redirect is in place from aged domain
- Some articles are irrelevant (e.g., fitness watches) to main topic of Food. Delete and unindex the content.
- Hit by December 2020 Google Core update
- Comparisons do not show on mobile (auto hidden). Make sure to show them to get higher CTR.
- CTAs should be a drastically different color than site’s main color (e.g., orange)
- Website redesign is needed; design is reducing clickthrough
This site has a good foundation being 4-years old, DR 30 with relevant backlinks, and stabilized traffic as of last 6-months (even after being impacted by the December update).
However, there are a few issues:
- 301 redirect exists from another food domain (foodrevpgh dot com). Make sure this is included in the sale.
- Site DOES NOT qualify for Mediavine anymore after the traffic drop
- Low quality irrelevant content added
- Seller has a buy it now of $51,000 (which is unrealistic)
This site was earning roughly $19 RPM via Mediavine (as of October 2021). Through Ezoic, it would confidently earn $15 EPMV. The revenue numbers need to be adjusted accordingly.
The site receives 20,000 page views per month and thus at $15 EPMV, the site would earn $300/mo from Ezoic. Amazon is bringing in an additional $350/mo average totaling the average revenues at $650/mo.
🚀 15 Brandable Domains at Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 15 branded domains that are live at auction.
A wide variety of quality brandable names this week and three domains with a 30+ AHREFS Domain Rating.
Top authority domain, NatureBaby.com with a whopping 53 DR, 499 referring domains, over 13K backlinks and over 1,000 pages still indexed in Google. The only downside is that there may be an active US trademark on the name.
NatureBaby.com was first registered in 1999 as a baby carrier site. It looks to have dropped shortly afterward and was used by a Chinese Natural Medicine Institute for several years before becoming a natural baby product e-commerce site based in New Zealand.
For a straight brandable domain, I like TradeAlerts.com. It would work in several verticals like crypto, day trading, or fantasy sports leagues.
🚀 The Website Flip Deals
If you want an edge in your website flipping journey, check out these products:
The Course on Website Flipping – get a decade of experience about website flipping in a day with 6+ hours of lessons, due diligence and website teardowns on actual sites, and downloadable templates.
EasyWins.io – 120+ strategies to 10X growth for your niche websites. Over 400+ have used the database to grow their sites.
EasyDiligence.io – a due diligence analytics dashboard (that I use personally) and 45+ questions database. This is a must-have to perform website due diligence.
The Website Flip Club – Get exclusive access to case studies, raw data sets, insights, Facebook group access, and much more.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: