This week’s deals feature 2 websites from Empire Flippers in the transportation and home niches, and 2 websites from our private Facebook group in the kitchen and electronics niche. We also cover an aged domain in the personal development niche from Odys.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 8 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
7-Year-Old Lead Generation Site Making $9,437/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $9,437/mo from lead generation (95%) and Adsense (5%)
Asking Price: $281,292 at a 30X multiple using a 12-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Stable traffic and revenue growth over the last two years
- Evergreen niche peaking during summer months
- Easy to maintain
- Numerous links from relevant UK sites (houseandgarden.co.uk, deadlinenews.co.uk)
- Top-ranking pages are not relevant to the main revenue source (lead gen)
- Site was previously listed on another broker and wasn’t sold (valuation was 40x)
- Too reliant on lead generation revenue from a single source
- Broker listing gives no indication of the structure of the lead gen deal (what is the CPA, does the contract expire)
- Replacing Adsense with Ezoic and down the road Mediavine/AdThrive if the traffic continues to rise
- Adding lead generation CTA to the sidebar and popup (lead to a 20-30% boost)
- Negotiating a better lead generation deal (increase the cost-per-action or CPA)
UK-based site earning almost exclusively from lead generation in an evergreen niche with supplementary (yet minimal) income coming from Adsense.
The seller purchased the website back in 2019 and since then, the site has grown year after year. The site was previously listed on another broker valued at 40X.
The backlink profile is clean, with numerous links from noteworthy UK publications.
The major downside is that the best-performing content is non-relevant to the lead generation model of the website. The top pages are monetized with Google Adsense.
Some easy wins are adding more lead generation CTA’s on all content, replacing Adsense with a higher paying ad network, and adding new content targeting local keywords.
Aged Domain: WhoMentoredYou.org
Niche: Mentoring, Personal Development
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2001 (21 years)
Listed Price: $2,790
Backlinks: Inc.com, Youth.gov, University of Michigan, University of Illinois, and more.
This domain used to be a website for the Harvard Mentoring Project, a program started by Harvard in 1997 to recruit volunteers to mentor youth from underprivileged backgrounds.
The site also featured interviews with famous people and celebrities who share important mentors in their life.
In 2004, the domain was redirected to a Harvard.edu URL where the site’s content was moved. The redirect stayed in place for several years. The current version of the content can be viewed at https://sites.sph.harvard.edu/wmy/
Here’s what the site looked like:
Mentorship is a niche within the broader topic of personal development. This site can cover information about how to find a mentor and how to use mentorship to achieve personal or business goals.
Here’s what I would do:
- Publish articles answering questions about mentorship
- Publish articles targeting low competition keywords like “who mentored [famous person]”
- Publish guides on how to find a mentor and how to develop a successful relationship with a mentor (this could help with link building)
- Publish listicles about resources for career development
- Research and promote relevant career coaching programs, mastermind groups, and courses
This is a good opportunity to grow an authority website in the mentoring niche that can be monetized with high-ticket affiliate programs like business coaching and personal development courses.
2-Year-Old Home Niche Site Making $3,768/mo on Empire Flippers
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Revenue: $3,768/mo from Ezoic display ads (61%) and Amazon Associates (38%)
Asking Price: $146,606 at a 40X multiple using a 6-month average
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Impressive month over month during the last 12 months
- Traffic is above 100K visitors per month
- More than 450 articles published
- Well-distributed traffic among different pages (top page at 5.5%)
- Average time spent on the page above 5 minutes
- Wasn’t hit by the latest Google core updates
- Google E-A-T could be better
- Highly competitive niche, especially for buyer intent keywords
- Replace Ezoic with Mediavine or Adthrive, which could result in an additional 30% boost in revenues at the minimum
- Add more affiliate links to educational content. This could boost revenues by $200 per month.
- Write more buying guides to improve affiliate revenue
This is a rather new display ads/affiliate site in the evergreen home niche.
This site was built in a highly competitive niche in the affiliate space, but the seller opted to go after extremely low-competition keywords.
The site is backed by a decent backlink profile consisting of mainly guest posts and some niche insertions.
The site was not impacted by the latest Google updates, and the best time period for display and affiliate revenue is in Q4 which is happening now.
The Google E-A-T looks fake, with multiple personas without any social platforms backing them. It would be good to get real author profiles on the website.
This could be an excellent deal for fellow website flippers as there are some easy wins, like transferring display ads to Mediavine/AdThrive, adding more affiliate links to educational articles, and creating more comparison articles.
🚀 Off-Market Sites in Facebook Group
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $87/mo Kitchen Cookware Niche Site: 2-year-old site earning $87 per month L6M average via Amazon Associates. 113 published articles. The asking price is $3,500.
- $632/mo Electronics Niche Site: 2-year-old site earning $632/mo L6M average from Amazon and Ezoic. 171 published articles. The asking price is $18,970.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 8 Brandable Domains
5 SEO Domains
Currently bidding at auction from $245 to $5,200 at the time of writing.
- CoffeeFactoryAndCafe.com: This site belonged to a coffee shop in Florida starting in 2016. It has a DR of 10 and is ranking for 77 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from TripAdvisor, YellowPages and OrlandoMagazine.
- ClickJobs.com: This was a large international job board started in 2005. It has a DR of 30 and is ranking for 2 KWs with backlinks from Tripod and SAP.
- SunnyGardens.com: The site was a gardening forum started in 2006 with a DR of 15 and ranking for 2,420 KWs. Backlinks from Wikipedia, EHow and StackExchange.
- PeachesAndBlush.com: Was a beauty and lifestyle blog starting in 2010. It has a DR of 28 and is ranking for 15,856 KWs with backlinks from Pinterest and QZ.
- CubBank.com: The site for the Citizens Union Bank started in 2000 with a DR of 25. It ranks for 582 KWs and has backlinks from AOL, Crunchbase and Homestead.
8 Brandable Domains
Bidding from $225 to $2,555 at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: