Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features sites from Flippa, an off-market Amazon-based SaaS business, and an aged doamin from Odys Global in the sustainability niche.
For branded domains, we share data on 13 domains live at auction. We also share the AHREFs metrics for each domain.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Blueprint #1: PlanetExtinction.com
Type: Aged Domain
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2006 (15 years old)
Listed Price: $3,760
Backlinks: Notable links from Slashdot, San Diego Tribune, Mic, AskMen, Climate Central, and various other climate-based sites
This used to be a website and newsletter that raised awareness of global warming and planetary crisis. This was a non-profit.
The sustainability niche overall has been growing and will continue to grow for the next decade. It’s a real problem that requires real solutions but more importantly education. This aged domain has the branding required to be an educational platform covering a variety of topics.
This is what I would do:
- Recreate the major pieces of content on the site (e.g., basic greenhouse facts, carbon sink reversal, permafrost, Amazon in danger). Place these in a category of “recent news”.
- Add informational content related to sustainability (i.e., recycling, reducing waste)
- Add bulk content with specific keyword patterns (e.g., is X recyclable, how do you recycle in [state, country])
- Add commercial content with buying guides, services, etc.
Monetization will be display ads via Ezoic initially and then move on to Mediavine or Adthrive. I had a site in the renewable energy space in Ezoic earning $30 EPMV. It’s a lucrative niche. Affiliate programs do exist with Amazon Associates acting as the major backfill, and direct e-commerce brands available via ShareASale, Commission Junction, Impact Radius, among other networks.
If you are looking for a sustainable niche, this is the one.
Blueprint #2: TableLabs.com [Off Market]
Revenue: $776 per month as monthly recurring revenue (MRR)
- Creates product comparison tables for Amazon Associates; growing niche
- Hosts the tables in one dashboard; no local installations of plugins (both pros and cons here)
- Quality backlinks from high authority sites
- Declining MRR trend
- No major features added since initial start by original founder
- Introduce a freemium plan to build the subscriber base
- Add content marketing to drive organic traffic
- Showcase case studies on real niche sites
I was strongly contemplating purchasing this but then realized I just have too much on my plate. The reason I like this is because (1) it’s well known already by word of mouth and being associated with Spencer Haws, and (2) very niche market that I fully understand.
I was an initial customer of TableLabs until switching over to its competitor, AAWP plugin. TableLabs lacks versatility which AAWP solves. However, for the niche application of putting together comparison tables, I think TableLabs wins.
Here is the MRR curve over time:
The competitors in this space like Lasso and AAWP have done an excellent job growing their products. TableLabs needs to play catch up.
The pros here are that you can pick this one up relatively cheap and get all of its goodwill (backlink profile, word of mouth, branding, etc).
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #3: SiameseOfDay.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $315/mo average over the last 6 months (L6M) via Ezoic and Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
Here are the key insights from the Google Analytics data put through the EasyDiligence.io proprietary dashboard. Check the setbacks and highlight section below for further details.
- Unique sub-niche within the broader pet industry; many keyword opportunities
- Many niche relevant backlinks from cat sites
- 124 articles published
- Includes a e-book as a opt in with 3,000 email subscribers already in email list
- Top page gets more than recommended 15% of traffic (at 20% now). Diversification is needed.
- Slight downtrend in traffic month over month
- Website design should be improved; slow to load and hard to read the content
- No traffic to commercial buying guides; needs better on-page SEO
This site is targetting a relatively low competition sub-niche of siamese cats. There are a significant amount keywords in this sub-niche that are purely informational (e.g., breeds, how to, what, why).
The primary revenue for this site is Ezoicd display ads. While the website has commercial buying guides, none get significant traffic to warrant much revenue from Amazon Associates. According to the Flippa listing, the seller hasn’t claimed any Amazon revenues. More due diligence is required here.
The site is currently getting a $15 EPMV from Ezoic. The site does not have immediate easy wins. It will require effort to add more content, and get the commercial articles ranking.
🚀 13 Brandable Domains at Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 13 branded domains that are live at auction.
Top authority brandable domain this week, TechMax.com, with a DR of 34 and 49 referring domains according to AHREFS. GoDaddy has a retail valuation estimate of $11,495 on this domain so it’s attracting lots of attention at auction.
First registered in 1998. TechMax looks to have been an electronics surplus e-comm site until early 2021. The owner also owns TechMax.net which has an active homepage with links pointing to the .com site. Google shows 56 pages indexed so any site built on this domain with a relevant niche would have a good chance at skipping the sandbox out of the gate.
Top brandable name, RemoteWorld.com. With a huge percentage of tech jobs going remote only this would be a prime brand for an authority site for remote workers or companies looking to hire them.
🚀 The Website Flip Black Friday Deals
If you want an edge in your website flipping journey, check out these products:
Course on Website Flipping ($150 OFF): A decade of website flipping in a day with 6+ hours of videos, due diligence reviews, templates, and more! The course’s price will increase in December. Lock in $150 OFF!
If you bundle two or more of the products, you get an additional 10% OFF. To get the bundle, purchase the products, and then send me an email. I will return the 10% credit to your payment method.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: