Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features a site from Flippa in the health/supplement niche, and an aged domain from ODYS global in the farming niche. Overall, the inventory of quality sites was low this week.
For branded domains, we share data on 13 domains live at auction. I also share the AHREFs metrics for each domain.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Blueprint #1: ArtisanFarmers.org
Type: Aged Domain
Source: ODYS.Global (see listing here)
Age: 2006 (15 years old)
Listed Price: $1,980
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from The Huffington Post, IB Times, Washingtonian, How Stuff Works, LA Weekly, Shmoop, and more.
This site was owned by a group of Farmers called the Artisan Farmers Alliance. They represented all of America’s farmers and others responsible for bringing artisanal agricultural products to consumers. The group worked both to educate the public about farming practices going back over 200 years and to defend the rights of consumers to make their own decisions about food.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The gardening niche has a combination of hobby-based individuals willing to spend money, and a significant amount of keywords and topics to target. This aged SEO domain is perfect to start such a niche site.
This is what I would do:
- The previous site was about farming practices. Initially, I would add content related to such practices. Approximately 20-30 articles. This will ensure topical relevancy.
- Then branch out into farming and food focused towards consumers (e.g., what is organic food)
- Then, you can start focusing on gardening-related topics as well
Monetization in this niche can be done with display ads, to begin with (e.g., Ezoic), and affiliate products via Amazon Associates and through networks like ShareASale. However, the best way to monetize this audience is through digital products (e.g., e-books) related to gardening practices, tips, and tricks.
In short, it’s a great niche to enter.
Blueprint #2: BigBlueTest.org
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Health & Fitness
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $656/month via Clickbank, Amazon Associates, Fanfuel, MoreNiche, and Ultimate Brands over the last-6-months
Due Diligence Dashboard
This site has several setbacks as highlighted in red from the due diligence dashboard. See below for explanations.
- Prior aged domain that was an organization related to diabetes
- Quality backlinks from Healthline, Huffpost, AARP, USC, Diabetes Journal, and much more
- Site has a good mix of medical experts (e.g., MD PhDs, Fitness Coaches)
- Site has 85 articles published
- Multiple revenue streams with Clickbank, Fanfuel, Amazon Associates, etc.
- Significant drop in traffic from December 2020 Google Core update
- Two Google Analytics tracking IDs installed (bounce rate close to 0%, and pages/session at greater than 2)
- More than 15% traffic to the top page
- Add product comparison tables to top pages to increase revenues
- Add display ads (e.g., Ezoic) for an immediate boost in revenue
- Add more informational content to diversify (too many commercial buying guide articles)
This site is in an extremely lucrative niche of health and supplements. Many products in this niche are high-paying and pay either a high percentage of the sale or pay a fixed fee per sale.
The site was impacted by the major December 2020 Google Core update. It was purchased from auctions in October 2018 and has been live since then.
Prior to that update, the site was earning $1,000/mo. After that, the sellers did a major revamp of the site with a new design, performance improvements, and adding 30+ quality articles. The site is now slowly recovering and earned $1,000/mo in September 2021.
Note: After speaking with the seller, October to date so far has been $300-$350. I imagine it will end around the $600/mo range.
If you are looking for a niche where low traffic results in high revenues, this is the one.
Make sure to factor in October 2021 earnings when making a final offer as the $1k+ months are outliers.
🚀 13 Brandable Domains At Auction
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 13 branded domains that are live at auction.
MomsWorld.com seems to be the best fit to build out a parenting niche site. DataBrew.com would be great for a data SaaS company. Costruction.com is ideal for a real estate firm.
The best SEO domain in the list is Celtek.com, which was a snowboard gear manufacture and has some niche relevant backlinks pointing to it.
Here is the full list of branded domains:
|Link||End||Domain Rating||Ref. Domains|
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: