This week’s deals feature an off-market website in the outdoor (bikes) niche listed by The Website FLip, two off-market sites in our Facebook group in the outdoor niche and dog niche, and an aged domain in the wedding niche.
Due to October starting, there has been an influx of sites for sale that have been severely impacted by Google updates. We do not review such sites and thus the amount of deal flow has decreased this week. It will pick back up in the next few weeks.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 9 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Off-Market Site: Bicycle2Work.com
Source: The Website Flip
Revenue: Monetized via Display Ads & Affiliate Marketing
- Last-3-month average: $3,579
- Last 6-month average: $3,216
- Last 12-month average: $1,918
Listed Price: $128,674 (40X of L6M average)
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 3+ years old
- Upward traffic and revenues
- Solid Google EAT (quality backlinks, authors, and about page)
- 200+ pieces of content published
- Quality links from Apartment Therapy and University EDU sites
- Niche can be competitive with large brands in the space
- August 2022 had inflated traffic due to Czech and Seychelles bots (all my sites had them as well)
- CRO – add comparison tables to product pages to increase affiliate revenue up to 30% (currently earns $450/mo via Amazon)
- CRO – Add affiliate links in informational articles to relevant products to increase affiliate revenue by up to 15%
- CRO – add optimized call to action buttons (currently buttons are too small and not the right color combo)
- Write more buying guides and product reviews, and internally link the info content to commercial content
- Potential to move to AdThrive from Mediavine; asked AdThrive for guaranteed revenue contract
- Website design can be improved; currently using Income School theme which isn’t that professional
This content site in the outdoor niche is a great site for anyone looking for a low 6-figure site with room to grow. With some natural backlinks, solid EAT, and good content the site is well positioned for additional growth – particularly by gaining traffic to money pages to boost affiliate revenue.
This niche has plenty of keywords to target with long-form buying guides. There are also some big competitors in this space generating significant revenue, which is a great sign.
Our top 2 easy wins we recommend are around increasing affiliate income from Amazon (around $450/mo as of now). One of them is improving CRO by adding review tables to product pages and improving the CTAs. This can increase affiliate revenue up to 30%, or about $125/month. Additionally, adding affiliate links in informational articles to relevant products can increase affiliate revenue by up to 15%, or about $75/month.
While an extra $200/month is helpful, we like this site for those who are looking to invest further into the website and grow it. A combined 45% increase in affiliate income isn’t much now, but if the new owner can successfully rank more affiliate pages the difference can be sizeable.
Overall, this is a great site that can grow much bigger due to the site’s quality and how it was built.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view:
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest. You will be connected with the seller directly to discuss next steps, obtain URL, and get added to Google Analytics.
Aged Domain: TheWeekendType.com
Niche: Wedding Stationery
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2013 (9 years)
Listed Price: $2,540
Backlinks: Martha Stewart, Goodreads, Wedding Sparrow, Once Wed, Junebug Weddings, and several more wedding sites.
This domain was previously used for a site selling wedding stationery and decorations created by a successful hand lettering artist and published author. The previous site sold products like cake toppers, name place cards, and invitation envelopes.
It received many links from high authority wedding sites that featured the site’s wedding stationery and decorations.
Here’s what the site looked like:
Wedding stationery like wedding invites and decorations can be a lucrative niche, due to the sheer cost of weddings in the US. Advertisers are willing to pay significant RPMs to target this audience.
This domain is well positioned to focus on the wedding stationery niche due to highly relevant links from multiple wedding authority sites.
Here’s what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage using a “design studio” WordPress theme for continuity with the original site
- Publish informational articles answering questions about wedding stationery and decorations
- Publish listicle articles highlighting noteworthy wedding decoration ideas
- Publish listicle articles recommending creative wedding stationery for specific wedding themes
Monetization could be focused on affiliate programs like Amazon Associate links to wedding products or stationery affiliate programs. Minted is a popular online seller of wedding stationery and offers a strong commission rate of 20% and a 120-day cookie.
Display advertising would be an excellent supplement to affiliate revenue, as RPM should be high due to the high-value audience.
An additional monetization strategy would be to reach out to wedding brands and offer to write a sponsored post about their products.
🚀 Off-Market Sites in Facebook Group
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $50/mo Dog Niche Site: 1-year old site earning via Amazon and Ezoic. All 112 articles were written by the seller. Traffic has been increasing for last 12 months. Asking price is $2,000.
- $144/mo Outdoor Cycling Site: 2-year old site earning via Amazon and Ezoic. Total of 97 articles (14 money, 83 info). Approximately 8,000 pageviews/mo average. Asking price is $5,490 or a 38X multiple.
If you are looking for these types of off-market websites for sale, we have an exclusive service where you can get access to these sites 24 hours in advance before everyone else. Check out the details.
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 9 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 9 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains this week, bidding from $183 to $24,435 at the time of writing.
- ConservationCatalyst.com: A site on wild cats and conservation started in 2001. It has DR of 22 and is ranking for 471 keywords in the top 100 positions. Links from Huffpost, TheGuardian and NationalGeographic.com.
- OfHorse.com: This was a community for horse lovers starting in 2004 with a DR of 26 ranking for 755 KWs. It has links from Wikipedia and Contently.com.
- iklimt.com: A site about artist Gustav Klimt started in 2001. It has a DR of 33 and is ranking for 17 KWs. Backlinks from NYTimes, Wikipedia and TheGuardian.com.
- ReliableLifeStrategies.com: This was a lifestyle blog started in 2018 with a DR of 29 ranking for 39 KWs. Links from WhatToExpect.com and Mothering.com.
- SeedEngr.com: The site for an engineering firm specializing in sustainability. It has DR of 40 and is ranking for 833 KWs with Links from Inc, AOL and Energy.gov.
9 Brandable Domains
Nine brandable domains at auction this week. Currently bidding from $74 to $5,517 at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: