Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features sites from Motion Invest in the paintball niche, and a domain from ODYS Global in the environmental niche.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Blueprint #1: MoralGround.com
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 2007 (14 years old)
Listed Price: $3,180
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Huffington Post, iHeart, NCR Online, Sierra Club, Triple Pundit, Earth Is Land, Oregon State, and Colorado State.
This site was started as a book called Moral Ground and then thrived as an online publishing project that came together to spread awareness on climate change and how to put an end to it.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The topic of environmentalism, climate change, global warming, etc. is growing year over year. This domain would do well to be repurposed into a blog that covers these topics. This is what I would do:
- Create informational content related to how individuals can do their part (i.e., recycling, waste minimization, etc.)
- Create a newsletter covering the space from the perspective of helping consumers navigate the space
- Create buying guides and individual product reviews
This would be a larger project than just a “niche site”. This would be an authority site and the domain, “MoralGround”, is extremely brandable to achieve this. Monetization can be done with display ads, affiliates, digital products, and more.
Blueprint #2: ProsPaintball.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Motion Invest (see listing here)
Revenue: $352/mo (over last 5 months) via Amazon Associates US
Listed Price: $17,980
- Lucrative niche with “hobby” enthusiasts
- Good links from Wikipedia, Sportsman’s Guide, and a few other niche relevant sites
- Only 22 articles published (quality)
- Hit by December 2020 and April 2021 Google update (since then has stabilized)
- Highest traffic page brings in more than 50% of traffic (according to AHREFs)
- Add Ezoic display ads for a boost in revenues
- Product images not linked to Amazon in comparison table
- Product images not linked to Amazon in reviews
- Amazon does not convert the best in this niche; diversify to Airgun Depot (high paying program)
I’ve reviewed multiple 6-figure deals in the paintball niche (almost bought one myself). The successful sites in this niche did not rely on Amazon Associates; it was an extra source of revenue. The best affiliate programs in this niche include Airgun Depot, Discount Paintball, among others.
I would add Airgun Depot side-by-side with Amazon in comparison tables and product review articles. This will increase earnings immediately. I would then add more content as only 22 articles are published.
The primary issue why this site has not sold is because of the valuation. An L6M average is being used at a 43X multiple; that’s unrealistic.
🚀 The Website Flip Deals
If you want an edge in your website flipping journey, check out these products:
EasyWins.io – 120+ strategies to 10X growth for your niche websites. Over 400+ have used the database to grow their sites. Get $50 OFF today!
EasyDiligence.io – the only due diligence analytics dashboard (that I use personally) and 45+ questions database. This is a must-have to perform website due diligence. Get $50 OFF today!
The Website Flip Club – join the 100+ subscribers who get exclusive access to case studies, deal flow, insights, Facebook group access, and much more. Get a subscription today!
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: