This week’s deals feature a site from Empire Flippers in the finance niche with a good growth curve, a travel site from Investors Club, and 2 off-market sites in the gardening and tools niche in our private Facebook group for deal flow. We also feature an aged domain in the baby niche from Odys marketplace.
For domains, we share findings on 5 aged SEO domains and 6 branded domains live at GoDaddy auctions.
Let’s get into each deal!
Aged Domain: BalboaBaby.com
Source: Odys Global (see listing here)
Age: 2007 (15 Years)
Listed Price: $3,380
Backlinks: Apartment Therapy, Mom.com, The Doctors, ScienceBlogs.com, Project Nursery, The Mom Collective, People.com (nofollow), and more.
This site was previously for a business that sold its own brand of baby products and was featured by media outlets like The Doctors television show and People.com (nofollow). It sold baby products like slings, nursing covers, high chair covers, car seat canopies, and baby blankets.
The company partnered with Dr. Sears, a celebrity television doctor who endorsed the product. The business shut down around 2019.
Here’s what the site looked like:
This site can be relaunched as a product review site for baby products. With many high authority links that are relevant to baby products, the link profile is highly relevant to the baby niche.
I would focus on creating buying guides for many different baby products especially niche products with lower competition (e.g., “best baby monitors for twins”). A similar site on AdThrive site with under 100 pages reviewing baby gear receives nearly 30k monthly traffic according to AHREFs.
I would also add informational content about frequently asked baby questions with low competition. Millions of new parents each year are asking a ton of questions on Google related to babies.
Here’s what I would do:
- Recreate the home page with links to the same category pages that were featured on the original homepage
- Publish buying guides on the original product category page URLs (e.g., www.balboababy.com/product-category/nursing-cover/)
- Publish original content on a similar topic for any URLs with high authority links (or 301 redirect the URLs to a relevant page)
- Publish buying guides on niche baby products based on keyword research
- Identify keyword opportunities for baby informational content with good search volume but low competition (e.g., “when do babies grow eyebrows” has a KD 0 and volume of 150)
Monetization would focus on Amazon affiliate links for baby products that have a commission rate of 3%. Display ads would be a good supplement to increase the revenue per visitor.
Eventually, you could reach out to baby brands that sell on Amazon to negotiate an additional commission for Amazon sales (check out my process here).
3-Year-Old Finance Site Making $4,862/mo on Empire Flippers
Niche: Finance & Informational
Source: Empire Flippers (see listing)
Profit: $4,789/mo from Display Ads (70%), Lead Generation (27.5%), Sponsored Posts (2.5%)
Asking Price: $215,525 at a 45X multiple using a 6-month average
- Evergreen content with plenty of room to expand
- 2 solid revenue sources
- Traffic goes to a diverse set of pages – top 3 pages get 8% of site’s traffic
- 600 pages of content
- Site is growing in earnings and traffic
- Site is in a YMYL niche and could use improved Google EAT (e.g., quality backlinks, expert authors)
- Add more lead generation forms & links in existing content to improve conversions
- Add pop-ups on lead generation pages to improve conversions
- Collect emails to build out email funnel for lead generation
This content site in the finance and information niche is a great website for anyone to consider. There are not only plenty of short term and long term opportunities, but investors of different skillsets can also see success with this site.
We like that the site is in an evergreen niche with plenty of opportunities for a new owner to expand into multiple categories, and create more content around existing categories. This, along with some nice backlinks, provides a strong foundation for the site which has fueled the site’s growth in the past year.
One thing we like about the site is that it takes a unique approach to create content for lead generation opportunities. Right now, a lot of the content addresses questions users may search for online, but an opportunity here would be to go deeper into these existing content categories to leverage topical relevance. We suggest new content targeting “how to X” content which can prove lucrative and fits within the current theme of content already on the site.
The above may take time to implement and see results, but there are also plenty of short-term opportunities. The two best both involve improving conversions of lead generation through CRO. One is to add additional lead generation forms and links while the other is to add pop-ups to create another chance for a visitor to become a lead. We believe combining both of these can improve the site’s revenue by up to 15%.
2-Year Old Travel Site Making $1,354/mo on Investor Club
Source: Investors Club
Revenue: $1,354/mo from Mediavine, and two affiliate programs
Asking Price: $50,707 at a 35X multiple using a 4-month average
- 60 quality articles written by experts
- 3 different revenue streams
- Few quality backlinks from niche relevant sites
- Well-designed site
- Seasonal traffic trend due to being in travel niche
- More diversification is needed in the number of quality backlinks (a few are helping the site rank)
- Non-USA based niche site
- Specific city-based website which requires expert writers from that city (may be hard to find)
- Integrate the two affiliate programs into every article using call-to-action product boxes
- Add commercial content related to the city (e.g., Best XYZ in City)
- Add author profiles, editors, and writers to the website to help with Google Eat (not needed due to niche but helps)
- Create a weekly city-based newsletter covering things to do, up-to-date news, etc
Most of the time, people tend to target broad topics in the travel niche. This specific site is hyper-focused on a specific city in a specific country. This provides more topical relevance, the ability to attract niche-specific links due to being an expert, and allows for higher conversion rates with affiliate programs.
This website is positioned for further growth. More content can be added either via writers or programmatically. For example, adding programmatic content related to “Best XYZ in [CITY]”, e.g., Best Chinese Restaurant in [CITY]. You can hire someone to collect data and then have a developer put together code in WP to create templated content.
The monetization can be improved. There are minimal call-to-action product boxes promoting the two major affiliate programs. Adding these in all articles would increase revenues. Furthermore, creating a all-inclusive e-book that covers the ins and outs of this city would sell very well and can be promoted on the website plus email list.
🚀 Off-Market Sites on Facebook Group
The Website Flip runs a Facebook group where sellers can list sites for sale. Here is a selection of a few sites:
- $137/mo Gardening Niche Site: 3-year-old site earning via Ezoic Premium. The asking is $5,400 at a 40X multiple.
- $82/mo Tools Niche Site: The site was hit by a Google update but still brings in revenues. The seller is listing at a fair multiple of 30X (can be obtained for lower I bet).
🚀 5 SEO Domains & 6 Brandable Domains
My team and I sifted through the marketplaces and found 5 aged SEO domains with quality backlinks and 6 branded domains that are live at auction.
5 SEO Domains
Five SEO domains this week currently bidding from $105 to $3,050 at the time of writing.
- FloridaCenterForRecovery.com: A drug rehab center site started in 2004. It has a DR of 12 and is ranking for 2,262 keywords in the top 100 positions. Backlinks from UIowa.edu and Expertise.com
- TheMusicMermaid.com: A music review blog starting in 2018 with a DR of 33 and ranking for 1,163 KWs. Backlinks from BandCamp, Wikipedia and Buzzsumo.com
- CodingCage.com: A tech blog started in 2015 with a DR of 30 and ranking for 368 KWs. Backlinks from StackOverflow, Unity.com and UnrealEngine.com
- RevoTheme.com: Was a Shopify theme developer starting in 2017 with a DR of 61. Ranks for 23 KWs with backlinks from ThemeForest and Behance.net.
- CommonplaceBooks.com: An indie book publisher’s site started in 2012 with a DR of 53 and ranking for 12 KWs. Backlinks from Wikipedia, Reddit and Medium.com.
6 Brandable Domains
Six names with brand potential this week. Currently bidding from $82 to $5,100 at the time of writing.
If you are interested in any of the deals this week, go through the specific platforms and contact the sellers. Make sure to perform detailed research and due diligence when acquiring any domains or websites.
Here are resources you should read up on: