Welcome to Week 27! Today’s Authority Business Blueprints will feature one off-market deal (cat niche) brokered by The Website Flip, a public site on Flippa (shaving niche), and an aged domain from ODYS.Global (gaming niche).
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Site For Sale #1: CulturalCat.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Pets (cat)
Listed Price: $3,750
Backlinks: Quality backlinks from Wikipedia, Mental Floss, Reason, Hyper Allergic, and Flavor Wire.
The seller did not add Google Analytics yet. Here is a Google Search Console snapshot:
- Recreated on an aged domain. The original site was live since 2013. See history on archive.org
- 629 backlinks from 159 referring domains
- Total 89 articles, 144,425 words. 19 buying guides and 70 info articles
- Quality content; each buying guide is backed by detailed references
- Well-designed site
No major setbacks since the site is still growing. No Google Analytics history (seller did not install it properly).
- Continue adding content. The site has just started receiving traffic
- Redirect pages with backlinks (e.g., /?p=148 type pages) to new relevant pages
This purchase would be great for someone who wants to enter the pet niche on an already ranking site with over 145,000 words of content. The seller is selling to focus on a new niche he is interested in.
Since this is a pre-revenue site, we can utilize the calculator here to understand it’s value. Here are the inputs:
- Domain age: 8 years
- How many articles: 89
- Total word count: 144,425 words
- Backlinks (DR50+): 7
- Site build-out costs: Yes
The seller is selling the site for $3,750. If interested, please fill out the form below:
Blueprint #2: BitBattalion.com
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 2019 (2 years old)
Listed Price: $1,950
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Online.fr, GamaSutra, Rock Paper Shotgun, Fan Gamer, Adventure Gamer, and more.
This site used to be a website run by a guy who reviewed different indie games, created his own indie games, and the blogged about the developing side of indie games.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
I have not covered an aged domain in the gaming niche in the past. This would make for an excellent website discussing all aspects of console, indie, and online games.
Here is what I would do:
- Add informational articles discussing specific games, tips & tricks to play the game, and more
Adding “review” type articles for this site may not make sense since there would not be a straightforward way to monetize via affiliates (as far as I can tell). Your best bet for monetization is via display advertisements. There is a ton of keywords in this nice that are low competition, and each game you discuss will have a selection of keywords.
Blueprint #3: RefinedShave.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Niche: Men’s grooming
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $1,127/mo over last-6-months and $753/mo over last-12-months via Amazon Associates US, CA, UK, AU and Ezoic
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Diversified traffic across top pages; largest has 14% and remaining at 5%
- Good boost in traffic after December 2020 Google Core Update
- Good mix of commercial buying guide vs informational content
- Aged site since April 2017
- Clean backlink profile
- Minimal monetization opportunities in this niche (e.g., display ads, Amazon Associates, and a few affiliate programs)
- Add Harry’s e-commerce brand as a monetization option with banner ads, popups, and product placements
- Add Ezoic video ads
This is a growing website in the men’s grooming niche. The site is already monetized well with Amazon Associates. Most of the high-traffic pages that are of commercial intent are well-optimized with proper CRO (i.e., comparison tables, CTAs). There are not many easy wins in that respect.
The easy win on this one is to try and implement Harry’s, which is a quality e-commerce brand in the men’s grooming space.
Another natural easy win is that you can potentially acquire this site using a trailing last-6 months’ average (or even better a last-12-months’ average) that’s trending upwards. The revenues are as follows:
- December 2020 – $971
- January 2021 – $1,010
- February 2021 – $783
- March 2021 – $985
- April 2021 – $1,335
- May 2021 – $1,352
- June 2021 (est.): $1,300+
That’s it for this week. If you are interested in acquiring any sites we are brokering, please fill out the form here.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
Doing as much due diligence as possible will ensure you hone your skillsets in finding good deals and opportunities in the future.