Welcome to Week 28! Today’s Authority Business Blueprints will feature one off-market deal (audio niche) brokered by The Website Flip, one public site on Flippa (aquaponics niche), and an aged domain from ODYS.Global (fighting niche).
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Site for Sale #1: AudioCruiser.com
Type: Existing Content site
- June 1-17: $778
- L3M: $847
- L6M: $753
- L12M: $599
The site earns revenue via Amazon Associates and Ezoic display ads.
List Price: $27,861 (37X last 6-month average)
The seller added Google Analytics 2-months ago. Therefore, Google Search Console traffic is being provided below to show the site is growing rapidly over a 6-month period, and the last 30 days Google Analytics is also provided below.
Here is the last 30 days of Google Analytics:
- Upwards growth trend in traffic
- Good mix of informational vs commercial content
- Good internal linking between articles
- Few good links from guest posting; nothing toxic or PBNs
- Traffic is diversified across top pages; the highest page is at 13.5%.
- High average time on page of 4+ minutes
- Minimal affiliate programs; the best combination is Amazon Associates plus display ads
- Amazon products will need to be updated as some are out of stock (can use Sitebuddy.io for that)
- Low authority site; needs more powerful backlinks over time
- Improve comparison tables: Add product images to tables and link to Amazon. Link the product title to Amazon.
- Images within commercial guides are not linked to Amazon; this will increase CTR
- Add call-to-action end of each commercial review
- Remove featured image to push content above the fold thus increasing ad RPMs
- Add a sidebar to the commercial buying guides and place an Ezoic sticky ad for higher display revenue
- Add author bios and improve About page for Google EAT
This is a growing content site in the audio/music niche. The website has a good mix of informational and commercial content with high clickthrough rates to Amazon.
For easy wins, the buying guide articles are not well-optimized for maximum revenue. These can be improved to immediately increase the revenues.
Another natural easy win is that you can potentially acquire this site using a trailing last-6 months’ average that’s trending upwards. The average is $753, whereas May 2021 was $871 of profit, and June 1-17 so far has been $778. The site is trending to hit $1,000-1,200 in June 2021.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view the current P&L, and all screenshots here.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #2: PerformanceMMA.com
Type: Aged Domain
Niche: Mixed Martial Arts
Age: 2008 (13 years old)
Listed Price: $4,370
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Think Up, Bleacher Report, MMA Sucka, Fuji Sports, Intimidation MMA, MMA Mania, and more.
This used to be an apparel store for MMA fighters featuring different clothing and gear.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
The MMA and combat fighting niche is a great one to be in. In early 2017, I had a site in this niche that was later sold. The site was FightGearGeeks.com. Being in the niche and a novice to the MMA world, there are a ton of content of keywords to targed in this niche; both informational and commercial.
Here is what I would do:
- The domain was a store for MMA apparal and gear. This is a great plus point. In theory, having a larger mix of commercial content for this domain would be natural. I would add content around buying guides (e.g., BJJ belt, headgear, gloves).
- Add informational content around the sport, where are the best schools around the world, techniques, courses, etc.
Important note: since the domain was an e-commerce store with various categories, over time as you create silo pages/categories, you can 301 redirect the old pages to your new ones. That will maximize for topical relevancy.
Blueprint #3: FarmingAquaponics.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see here)
Revenue: $106/month average over last-6-months via Ezoic and Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Traffic is growing month-over-month
- Highly diversified traffic to top pages; the highest page is 5%!
- Majority of informational content on the site
- Backlinks are clean, and not toxic. Primarily guest posts.
- 241 published articles
- “Foodies” category (/category/foodies) is shifting away from topical relevancy of Aquaponics
- Utilizes Ezoic Premium at $29.99/mo which reduces net profit significantly
- Add Ezoic ad placeholders above the title for higher revenues
- Reduce the size of article featured image to allow focus on the content and higher Ezoic ad EPMV
- Improve Google EAT: add about page, author bios, and social media
- Add affiliate links, comparison tables in informational articles; right now it’s minimally done
In general, the high-level niche of gardening has many growth opportunities, keywords, and monetization. This is a sub-niche of aquaponics, which has less competition.
The site is monetized with Ezoic using Ezoic’s premium plan at $29.99. If you do not have the premium subscription already, this will be an additional expense or you will need to use the free version of Ezoic, which will result in lower payouts.
The site has less than 10 buying guide articles which are not ranking yet. The site is primarily receiving traffic to informational articles.
The easy wins listed will not drastically increase the site’s revenues, so I will be leaving out those calculations and focusing on the valuation with its earnings today.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
Doing as much due diligence as possible will ensure you hone your skillsets in finding good deals and opportunities in the future.