Welcome to Week 29! Today’s Authority Business Blueprints will feature one off-market deal brokered by The Website Flip (car niche), one public site on Flippa (podcast niche), and an aged domain from ODYS.Global (yoga niche).
Also, check out the “Too Good To Be True” section for an interesting site that looks great but really isn’t.
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Site for Sale #1: WinchMania.com
Type: Existing Content site
- June 1-28: $1,487
- May 2021: $2,039
- L3M (w/ June): $1,915
- L3M (w/o June): $2,373
- L6M: $2,441
- L12M: $1,972
The site earns revenue via Amazon Associates and Ezoic display ads.
List Price: $65,000 (34X last 3-month average with June earnings included)
Due Diligence Dashboard
The site was run through The Website Flip’s Due Diligence dashboard.
- Highly diversified traffic to top pages; largest page with 7%
- Backlink profile is clean, no toxic links
- Uptrend over last 12-months in traffic (see Setbacks section for recent performance)
- Average products cost is $300 to $1,000 thus high commissions
- 186 articles published
- Traffic is on a slight decline, but revenues have declined significantly from Amazon
- Needs more diversification to informational content
- Add comparison tables to buying guides (highest traffic page does not have a comparison table)
- Link images in each product review to Amazon
- Add contextual affiliate links within buying guides
- Add other affiliate programs side-by-side with Amazon, specifically Harbor Freight
- Improve the design of the site
This site is in a sub-niche of cars that has low competition. The current seller has done well to target low-competition keywords and the site has grown month-over-month over the last 12-months. In recent months, the traffic has taken a slight decline but more of a decline has been experienced through Amazon Associates revenues.
See Amazon revenue chart below:
As-is, the site has good easy-win opportunities. First of which is to add comparison tables to missing pages, link images to Amazon, and add contextual affiliate links.
Also, due to being a niche car product, promoting other affiliate programs will be more lucrative. One of which the seller pointed out was Harbor Freight, based in the U.S.
Ezoic was added in February 2021 and brings in approximately $450/mo on average. The site is on Ezoic Premium subscription which is $29.99/mo and is included in the P&L of the site.
To account for the decline, the seller has agreed to utilize a recent 3-month average and accept a lower multiple.
Interested? View P&L, screenshots
For full details, view the current P&L, and all screenshots here.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form below to express interest:
Blueprint #2: YogAnonymous.org
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 2009 (12 years old)
Listed Price: $1,960
Backlinks: This domain has notable backlinks from Huffington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Yoga Journal, Racked, My Yoga Scene, Manifestation, and more.
This site used to be a Yoga oriented site that connected you with different Yoga teachers, Yoga events, Yoga retreats, Yoga workshops, and Yoga studios. It also hosted a Yoga blog and online store.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
This is the first yoga-related domain I’ve covered and the only one that I’ve seen pop up on ODYS.
The yoga niche is lucrative with extensive keyword opportunities (both informational and commercial), and monetization opportunities.
Here’s what I would do:
- Write informational content on different types of yoga, stretches, gear, etc.
- Write informational content related to yoga for different issues (e.g., stress relief, anxiety)
You can also write commercial content related to different digital products, courses, and online classes in this niche. Do be carefully not to get too deep into the health benefits of yoga as that can be in the vicinity of Google’s YMYL thus requiring real experts.
Blueprint #3: PodcastPursuit.com
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see here)
Revenue: $48/month via Amazon Affiliates, Buzzsprout, and Ezoic
Due Diligence Dashboard
- A growing niche with upward traffic trends
- Excellent mix of physical and digital products in this niche to promote
- 28 articles with 63,270 words total
- Good mix of commercial and information content
- Clean backlink profile; no toxic links
- Top page has more than 20% of traffic; usually, I like to see 15% or less but this is borderline acceptable.
- Slight downward trend in traffic last 30 days according to AHREFs
- Can add Ezoic for a small boost in revenue
This is a quality site created by Yayao Hsueh, who was interviewed on the Niche Pursuits podcast. The site does not have many easy wins. All buying guide articles are well optimized with comparison tables, CTA buttons, linked images, etc. The only major easy win here is to add Ezoic but at less than 1,000 pageviews monthly, this would not add much revenue.
If you are looking for a quality site with good content in a growing niche that is getting traffic, this would be a good starter site to buy. It’s a bonus that it comes from someone who knows what they are doing.
🙅♂️ “Too Good To Be True” Sites
From the Flippa listing page, this site looks great. I personally was looking to buy it immediately and add lead generation monetization through Quinstreet or Campus Explorer. However, after receiving Google Analytics access, one of the top pages receives well over 50% of the organic traffic. This is a red flag since if that page loses traffic or gets penalized, the value of the assets is practically cut in half. Buyer beware!
That’s it for this week. If you are interested in acquiring any sites we are brokering, please fill out the form here.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
Doing as much due diligence as possible will ensure you hone your skillsets in finding good deals and opportunities in the future.