Today’s Authority Business Blueprints features sites from Flippa (rabbit niche), a 3-site portfolio from Investors Club (surfing niche), and a domain from ODYS (crypto).
Let’s get into the growth blueprints!
Blueprint #1: ZeusHash.com
Type: Aged Domain
Age: 2014 (7 years old)
$5,310 $3,720 (30% off sale)
Backlinks: this domain has notable backlinks from Coin Telegraph, Cryptorials, Bitcoin Magazine, Coin Desk, Bitcoin Talk, and more.
This site used to be known for its ability to deliver state-of-the-art cryptocurrency ASIC chip design and miner manufacturing. Their mission was to connect global cryptocurrency lovers together and provide excellent goods and services for the community.
Here is a snapshot of the past site:
If you are looking to enter the hyper-competitive cryptocurrency niche, you will need a powerful domain. This is a 7-year old DR 20 domain that has links from top niche-relevant domains.
This is what I would do:
- Information articles on each major cryptocurrency, it’s history, market data, etc.
- Informative articles on how to mine, how to get started, etc.
- Reviews of crypto exchanges that consumers can use
Crypto niche is lucrative. Most exchanges provide recurring commissions for life for each user that transacts. There are plenty of educational courses to teach people how to trade crypto. Furthermore, there are “crypto signal” services that send out notifications when and if a cryptocurrency is trending.
An overall good niche if you can breakthrough.
Type: Existing Content Sites
Revenue: $1,799/mo via Amazon Associates and Mediavine
Listed Price: $65,049
Due Diligence Dashboard
- 3-site porfolio in the same niche
- Traffic is diversied across top pages (less than 15%)
- Uptrending traffic
- Quality backlinks from niche relevant domains
- Overall seasonal niche
- Site is using Mediavine; with current traffic levels it will not qualify. Need to reduce valuation to account for that (or discuss alternatives with seller)
- Add surfing affiliate programs; cuirrently only Amazon is being used.
- Add comparison tables to buying guide
- Add contextual affiliate links
- Add author bios, boxes, and meta tags in articles
- Redesign the sites for better UX and higher CTR
This is a 3-site portfolio on the Investors Club marketplace that has had a recent uptrend in traffic (due to seasonality most likely). The sites are all interrelated in the same niches thus providing opportunities to cross-promote.
The main high-traffic site, CenterForSurfResearch.org, is built on an aged domain.
The sites have many opportunities for growth including improving the formatting of articles, adding comparison tables, finding high-paying affiliate programs, and more.
The portfolio is being listed at a 36X multiple at $65,049. This is a very reasonable multiple for this portfolio. However, make sure to use a last-12-month (L12M) average of profit since the site is seasonal.
Blueprint #3: Rabbits.Life
Type: Existing Content Site
Source: Flippa (see listing here)
Revenue: $700/mo via Mediavine and Amazon Associates
Due Diligence Dashboard
- Stable traffic trends
- Top traffic pages are diversified (highest is 6%!)
- Primarly information content; minimal commercial content
- Youtube channel with 2.3K+ subscribers
- Uncommon TLD domain (.life)
- Site has many pictures of rabbits; make sure to check for copyright issues
- May not qualify for Mediavine. Need to ask Mediavine if they will accept the site again.
Not many easy wins with this one. The site is pure informational so the only easy win is below:
- Add commercial content (e.g., buying guides, product reviews)
The rabbit niche is less competitive than other pets, like dogs and cats. There are a ton of informational keywords for this niche with many variations (e.g., “can rabbit eat…”).
The site earns approximately $700/mo profit from Mediavine and Amazon Associates. This site deserves a 35x multiple thus valuing the site at $24,500 at current earnings.
The easy wins are not immediate and thus I will refrain from providing a potential valuation with easy wins factored in.
🆕 Launch of EasyDiligence.io
If you missed the announcement, you can now get access to the exact due diligence dashboard and questions I use before buying a content website. The product is EasyDiligence.io.
Check out the video review:
Here is what you get:
- Access to your own Easy Diligence Dashboard built in Google Data Studio
- Instant access to 45+ tested and measured due diligence questions
- Learn how to perform due diligence with the provided insights, examples, and videos
- Made specifically for content websites
- Free updates on newly added questions
🔓 Get Access Now For $50 OFF! Limited Time!
For the launch, I am opening at a $50 OFF discount for a limited amount of customers.
First come first serve. Claim your spot now.
These blueprints lay out the high-level strategies to accelerate your ROI after the acquisition. Of course, the real effort is putting all of this into practice.
For more resources, make sure to read the following guides: