The public case study site earned $488 in July 2021, compared to $511 in June 2021. The focus in July was to add content, analyze the impact of the aged domain redirect, and perform on-page SEO changes.
Here is what I cover in this update:
- Site recap, highlights, and setbacks
- Site revenue and cost breakdown
- Niche Website Builder’s linkbuilding update
- Aged domain redirect status
- Plans for August 2021
For the previous update in June, check out this post, or check out all the posts here.
➡️ Website Flip Status
On April 9, 2021, the asset was purchased for $10,000. The site at that time was earning $180 per month on average over the last 6-months (L6M). This equated to a 55x multiple.
The new L6M average for the site is now at $452 (the previous L6M was $422).
📈 Site Recap
For more details on why the site was purchased, make sure to read the first case study update. Here is a high-level recap of the site:
- Purchased on Flippa for $10,000 via a buy it now
- Sub-niche within the health vertical; solving a major pain point for many people
- AHREFs DR 7 with a few quality backlinks
- Expertly written content with 45 published articles
- Receiving ~20K organic pageviews/mo
- Includes a 250-page e-book, backend database for users to find info
- Includes 2 checklist PDFs given away for free
- Diversified traffic to top pages (9% to top page)
- Pinterest account with 36k monthly views (no active management)
📈 July Highlights
- 6 new articles published
- Skyscraper article published by Niche Website Builders agency
- Interlinking of content using Link Whisper
📉 July Setbacks
- Traffic increased but revenues stayed stagnant
📊 July 2021 Website Metrics
Last 12-Months Google Analytics
I like to keep track of my keyword positions and if they are growing, specifically positions #11-100. If you are adding content regularly, you should have a growing keyword position graph for #11-100 SERP positions. The reason for this is that these pages are getting indexed for long-tail keywords.
For this site, check out the figure below:
As you can see, many new keywords are showing up in the Google search results. I use this to gauge the “health” of a niche site.
Here is the breakdown of revenues for the past 3 months.
Here is the cost breakdown for July:
- Content: $275
- Hosting: $15
- VA: $18
- Total: $308
The content cost was for the 6 articles published on the site.
🚀 SEO Improvements
Update for Niche Website Builder Shotgun Skyscraper Service
In June, I partnered with Niche Website Builders to have them build links using their shotgun skyscraper technique. My goal here is to provide an unbiased look into their service.
Here’s the exact timeline so far:
- Late June: face-to-face phone call with their link building team
- July 16: they sent over the rough draft of the skyscraper article
- July 17: I reviewed the article and asked them to add internal links to my existing articles. They said they would add links after the entire backlink campaign was over. I took the liberty of adding internal links myself.
- July 30: I reached out to the team to ask for an update on the campaign
- August 2: they sent me an update with access to a spreadsheet where they are tracking links
So far, they’ve obtained three backlinks, which I think is great knowing that it’s only been a few weeks. The site they obtained the backlinks are a DR 35, DR 34, and a DR 3 website as niche edits; not new guest posts.
Overall, they are doing a good job with the outreach so far. Let’s see how the next few months play out.
Status Update on DR 31 Aged Domain Redirect
In June, I acquired a DR 31 aged domain from Godaddy auction and redirected it to this niche site. Read about that here.
Since then, only two 301 redirects have been picked up by AHREFs. See below:
The indexing process can take a while. Over time, AHREFs will pick up the majority of the 301s. The goal is to keep this as natural as possible. There is no need to expedite and raise red flags.
Read my full guide on aged domain redirects.
SERP Ranking Results from KeywordChef.com Keywords
Last month, I used this new keyword tool to discover easy to rank keywords. Read about that here. I found 15 easy keywords and published articles on 5 of the keywords already.
Here are the results:
Within a few weeks of publishing, the latest positions look promising. One of the keywords is in position #3.
🆕 Plans for August 2021
Here are the plans for August 2021:
- Implement AAWP product boxes and comparison tables in articles
- Add 5 new articles
- Segment e-book landing pages for email vs organic traffic visitors
- Research different affiliate programs
That’s it for this update. Stay tuned for next month’s update.